Let me help you solve the dilemma of what to cook for supper. This September meal plan has seven days of weeknight dinner ideas with recipes plus an ingredient list with the main dish. I include side dish ideas and dessert recipes too.
It is the last week of September so I’m including some Halloween desserts at the bottom. Be sure to scroll down and pick out a couple to make for your family.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
More Meal Plans
- September Meal Plan Week Four
- September Meal Plan Week Three
- September Meal Plan Week Two
- September Meal Plan Week 1
About this meal plan
- This menu plan will serve at least four folks. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes. You can always increase the recipe to feed more.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. Leftovers save on the budget because they are great for lunch the next day.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos.
- Recipes in my weekly meal plans are typically not repeated more than once every three months.
Subscribe. Follow. Join.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared in our daily scroll.
- Join this Facebook Group for recipes and other Homemaking ideas from myself and my blogging friends.
September Weekly Meal Plan Week Five
Meal Plan Details
- All recipes are linked at the bottom of this article.
- The grocery list for each of the seven entrées includes the ingredients required for that entrée.
- Scroll all the way down for a list of side dishes for this week and homemade dessert recipes to try this month
Grocery List for entrée
- 3/4 lb. Penne Pasta
- 1 lb. Sage Pork Sausage browned and drained
- 1 24 oz. Jar of Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 tsp. dried Basil
- 1 tsp. dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 15 oz. container Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 Cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 12 oz. bottle of Marsala cooking wine
- 4 lbs. shrimp peeled and divined
- 5 lbs. small red potatoes, washed Do not cut up.
- 3 (16 oz.) pkgs. smoked sausage
- 1 (12 count pkg.) frozen corn-on-the-cob minis
- 4 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
No side dish needed with Low Country Boil. It is a complete meal.
- 1 28 oz.. can tomato puree
- 2 14.5 oz. cans of your favorite diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz. can of Black Beans, do not drain
- 1 lb. Ground sausage
- 1 lb. Ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/4 cup Chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Optional: 1 medium onion diced
Use leftover homemade pimento cheese for todays dinner. Make it different by making Grilled Pimento Cheese sandwiches.
- 1½ cups mayonnaise Duke’s
- 1 4-oz. jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 8-oz. block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese,shredded
- 1 8-oz. block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
Serve your favorite potato chips on the side with a pickle spear.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Cup crushed Cheerios cereal
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Roasted potatoes and Italian green beans with your choice of dinner roll.
Check out the Amazon Fresh Grocery Delivery service
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 (1 oz.) packet of Mild Taco Seasoning
- 1 pkg. (10 ct.) Soft Flour Shell Tortillas
- 2 Tbsp.Oil
- 2 cups Shredded Lettuce
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut and chopped
- 2 Medium ripe Avocados, scooped and chopped
Scroll down for all of this week’s menu plan recipe links.
September Meal Plan Recipes Week 5
- Cheesy Sausage Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Easy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Low Country Shrimp Boil Recipe
- Crockpot Black Bean Chili Recipe
- Homemade Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
- Cheerios Crusted Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Easy Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- Mummy Rice Krispies Treats
- Easy No Bake Sweet & Salty Halloween Dessert Bars
- 50 Halloween Desserts Cakes Cookies & Cupcakes
- How To Make Charlie Brown Cookies
- Flying Bats Halloween Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Monster Rice Krispies Treats
- Ghosts Rice Krispies Treats
- Upside Down Skillet Caramelized Apple Pecan Biscuits
- Fiber Filled Apple Banana Oat Muffins Easy Recipe
- Dutch Baby Pancake Easy Recipe
- Baked Egg & Veggie Muffin Omelets
- French Loaf Breakfast Omelet
- Easy Peach Cobbler recipe (only 3 ingredients)
- 14 Layer Chocolate Cake Old Fashioned Recipe
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze recipe
- Crockpot Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
- Lime Poke Cake recipe (decorate for Halloween or Christmas)
- Halloween Brownie Parfaits recipe
Desserts To Make At Home
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org