Let me help you solve the dilemma of what to cook for supper. My weekly meal plans have seven days of weeknight dinner ideas with recipes plus an ingredient list with the main dish. I include side dish ideas and dessert recipes too.
This week is our first September meal plan for the year. Casseroles and soup are back on the meal plan as the weather has cooled down in some places.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
More Meal Plans
About this meal plan
- This meal plan will serve at least four folks. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes. You can always increase the recipe to feed more.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. Leftovers save on the budget because they are great for lunch the next day.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos.
- There are 7 dinner ideas each week, in no particular order.
- Recipes in weekly meal plans are typically not repeated more than once every three months.
- Scroll down beyond the descriptions for a list recipe links.
Subscribe. Follow. Join.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared in our daily scroll.
- Join this Facebook Group for recipes and other Homemaking ideas from myself and my blogging friends.
September Weekly Meal Plan Week One
Meal Plan Details
- All recipes are linked at the bottom of this article.
- The grocery list for each of the seven entrées includes the ingredients required for that entrée.
- Ingredients are not included for side dish ideas
- Scroll all the way down for a list of side dishes for this week and homemade dessert recipes to try this month
***Side Dishes are listed at the bottom under the recipe links ***
Chicken recipes have a way of appearing in almost every weekly meal plan. It’s one of the more affordable meats. This Chicken casserole includes the veggies to make this a one dish dinner.
Grocery List for entrée
- 4 cups cooked, cubed boneless chicken, about 4-5 boneless skinless breast
- 1/3 Cup Ranch dressing mix
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Robust Olive Oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) cream of celery soup
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 Cup frozen peas and carrots
This meal is worth the extra effort for a scrumptious Italian weeknight meal. Leftovers are great for lunch the next day. Be sure you print this recipe and save it in your recipe book for use again and again.
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 8 oz. pkg. of Manicotti shells, uncooked
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey, browned and drained
- 1 24 oz. jar Pasta sauce, like Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
Once you learn to cook from scratch, recipes like this one mean more to you. Setting homemade meals on the table at supper time means more nutrition from using fresh ingredients.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Cup red onion, diced small
- 1 large celery stalk, diced small
- 1. Cup mushrooms, chopped (White or Portabella)
- 1 lb. ground turkey (85% lean)
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 Cups low fat chicken broth
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- 1 12-oz. bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 Cups Italian blend cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
4. Jazzed Up Meat & Potato Casserole
Take the classic meat and potato casserole and add jazz with my recipe. There is bacon involved.
- 1 lb. Ground turkey or ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 Cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 can diced potatoes, drained
- 8-10 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup French fried onions
This meal comes together pretty quick considering how filling it is. Another Italian night this week but a completely different dinner recipe with a nice cheat for getting dinner done quickly. If you simply insist on making Chicken Parm from scratch, use this recipe.
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Jar Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic sauce
- 2 packs of dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 Cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 12 oz. Linguine noodles cooked and drained.
Breakfast for supper is always a nice treat and I like to add it to our menu plan from time to time. Do not be intimidated by making a quiche, you can do this.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (8 oz)
- 1/3 Cup finely chopped onion (Vidalia sweet recommended)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Additional crisply cooked crumbled bacon, if desired
Check out the Amazon Fresh Grocery Delivery service
Use this super easy Crockpot recipe for your busiest night of the week when you need to cook dinner anyway. There are only a couple of ingredients and everyone can make their own sliders.
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 packets dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup water
Scroll down for all of this week’s menu plan recipe links.
September Meal Plan Recipes Week 1
- Chicken Vegetable Casserole Recipe
- Crockpot Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti Recipe
- Low Carb Creamy Turkey And Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Stovetop Grilled Easy Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
- Bacon & Swiss Quiche Breakfast Recipe
- Crockpot Ranch Chicken Sliders Recipe
- Jazzed Up Meat and Potato Casserole Recipe
- No side dish needed for Chicken and Veggie Casserole because the meat, veggies and bread crumbs make this a complete meal. Make a batch of this Pecan Zucchini Bread to go with dinner.
- Pick up a loaf of Italian bread from the deli at the grocery store and make this copycat Italian Butter to pair with your Manicotti. Also make this copycat Olive Garden Salad recipe to pair with your Manicotti. (Save a little of both for Chicken Parm night)
- Serve leftover Zucchini bread with soup night.
- Make your favorite green peas or beans to go with Meat and Potato Casserole. I also like to cook a can of Crescent rolls as a side of bread.
- A bowl of fresh fruit will go well with your Bacon and Swiss Quiche.
- Chili Cheese Tater Tots are a great side dish to go with sliders.
- Upside Down Skillet Caramelized Apple Pecan Biscuits
- Fiber Filled Apple Banana Oat Muffins Easy Recipe
- Dutch Baby Pancake Easy Recipe
- Baked Egg & Veggie Muffin Omelets
- French Loaf Breakfast Omelet
- How to Make Football Character Cookies (recipe cheat)
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
- Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze recipe
- Crockpot Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
Desserts To Make At Home
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment.