Fall recipes are everywhere! These Apple Pecan Biscuits are an easy Fall recipe you can whip up in no time for breakfast or dessert.
These Apple Pecan Biscuits are a result of a cookbook search for apple recipes. I wanted something easy, and tasty with apples because I had three Honeycrisp sitting on the kitchen counter.
I came across one which inspired me to create this Upside Down Skillet Caramelized Apple Pecan Biscuits recipe.
The printable recipe is below but first, let me show you the steps in luscious pictures.
1 Apple (I used Honeycrisp)
1 Can 5ct. biscuits (I used Grands)
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. butter
Dash Cinnamon sugar
Yes, it is a long name for this recipe, but seriously I couldn’t think of a single word to leave out!
I made it in my little iron skillet, like this one. The apples are caramelized and well, you see those luscious pecans! The bottom will become the top so that baby is upside down!
All you need is an iron skillet, butter, a fresh apple, brown sugar, pecans, and biscuits.
Peel and cut the apple into bite-size chunks as shown above.
Melt the butter in the iron skillet on medium-high heat and then add the apples. Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
Now add 1/4 cup of the chopped apples and pecans to the skillet and cooking stirring often until soft and caramelized. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
Gracious goodness, those apples sure do look delicious caramelizing with the pecans!
Now place the cut-up biscuit pieces on top of the cooked apples.
Then place the remaining cut-up apples on top of the biscuit pieces. Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar if desired.
Bake at 325° until golden brown which should take about 12 to 18 minutes depending on your oven.
The top is about to become the bottom. All the apple pecan goodness is currently on the bottom.
Place a plate on top of the iron skillet as shown. The iron skillet will still be very hot so use caution and pot holders! Flip the plate and skillet over together.
Fresh from the oven!
Just the right amount of caramel dripping through the biscuits! My hubs loved it so much he has plans for me to make it again this weekend. That makes me smile.
- 1 medium apple (I use Honeycrisp)
- 1 pkg. (5 ct.) canned biscuits (Grands are good)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- Dash of cinnamon sugar
- Melt the butter in a small iron skillet at medium-high heat.
- Add in the brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Then add all but about ¼ cup of the chopped apples. Stir often and cook until the apples are soft and caramelized which will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place the cut-up biscuits and remaining apple pieces on top of the caramelized apple mixture.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar and bake at 325° until golden brown, about 12-18 minutes. (oven temperatures vary, check often)
- Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before inverting.
- Place your serving plate on top of the iron skillet covering the bread. Carefully, using pot holders as the skillet is very hot, flip the skillet over with the plate. Now the caramelized bottom is the top!
- Serve and enjoy!
More Apple Recipes
What is your favorite Fall Food?
You can follow our Fall Frolics, Food and Fun Board on Pinterest for lots more Fall ideas!