Homemade Peanut Filled Peanut Butter Cookies
A Classic Homemade Cookie Recipe with a twist!
I think we can all agree that in your homemade cookie recipe collection there simply must be a Peanut Butter Cookie. Kids have gobbled them up for ages and Mom’s love that because it has peanut butter which is in some way good for us.
While peanut butter is high in fat, it is a nice source of vitamins and minerals. It is also a good source of protein. So bake those cookies and watch the kids unknowingly consume some vitamins!
Of course we have variations! All homemade cookie recipes should offer a few variations.
- Skip the peanuts on top and use chocolate chips instead
- Make this easy fudge recipe then dip half of each cookie in it!
- Use creamy peanut butter
- Sprinkle granulated sugar on top before baking
- Add mini M&M candies instead of peanuts
- Sea Salt Nuts of your choice on top
Move the oven racks up to the middle from the bottom. If baking two pans of cookies at once, use the top and middle racks. Swap the pans about half way through baking time.
Do not substitute margarine for butter as it contains water.
Line up your pre-measured ingredients on the counter before you begin the mixing and stirring. Baking requires accurate measurements.
Never measure your ingredients over the bowl you are mixing in. Adding too much of any ingredient would be a disaster.
Homemade Peanut Filled Peanut Butter Cookies
A delicious homemade cookie recipe for Peanut Filled Peanut Butter Cookies everyone loves. We hear Santa loves these too!
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 1½ Cups chunky peanut butter
- 1½ Cup light brown sugar
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ Cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Cup unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped, (divide; 1/3 Cup & 2/3 Cup)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a baking mat and set aside.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix to combine
In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and 2/3 cup unsalted peanuts.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time stirring between each addition. Mix until combined.
Cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and sit in refrigerator to chill the dough for about one hour.
- Once chilled, divide the dough into equal-sized balls rolled between your hands and arrange on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each ball.
- Press each dough ball down with a fork in a crisscross fashion to flatten.
- Press remaining peanuts down into the tops of each cookie
Place the baking sheets into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cook 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Serve & Enjoy!
FOR BEST RESULTS place the oven rack in the middle before baking. If you are baking two pans of cookies at once, use the middle and top racks and swap the pans out about half way through
These cookies can be stored on the counter in a sealed container for a few days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anchor Hocking 1.5-Gallon Montana Glass Jar with Fresh Seal Lid, Brushed Metal, Set of 1
Rachael Ray 47577 Nonstick Bakeware Set with Grips, Nonstick Cookie Sheets / Baking Sheets - 3 Piece, Gray with Sea Salt Gray Grips
AmazonBasics Silicone, Non-Stick, Food Safe Baking Mat - Pack of 2
Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter, 40 Ounces, 7g (7% DV) of Protein per Serving, Packed with Peanuts for Extra Crunch, No Stir Peanut Butter
Planters Dry Roasted Unsalted Peanuts (16 oz Canister)
King Arthur Flour 100% Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, 5 Pound (Pack of 6)
FOLLOW Our Cookies & Candy Board on Pinterest
See our Cookies & Cocoa Christmas party ideas! Are you hosting the family Christmas event this year? This little soiree is easy to put together and you get to enjoy classic Christmas desserts!
Another way to celebrate with cookies during the holiday season is to set up a Hot Cocoa Bar accompanied with trays of cookies! Make all the homemade cookies you want, store them in air tight canisters then invite your friends over on the weekends! I leave my Hot Cocoa Bar up throughout the entire holiday season and add more cookies when needed. My red buffalo plaid tiered tray was found here, one of my favorite places for party supplies!
More Homemade Cookie Recipes
Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips
Chocolate Pecan Thumbprint Cookies
Perfect for Christmas parties! Chocolate Pecan Thumbprint Cookies
Brown Sugar Cookies
Homemade Christmas Cookies you can cut out!
Christmas Magic Cookie Bars
Always a homemade cookie lovers favorite! Magic Cookie Bars!
Triple Nut Diamond Bar Cookies
Another scrumptious bar cookie recipe made with lots of nuts!