Christmas Magic Cookie Bars are a classic Christmas dessert easy recipe. We have been making this sweet treat in my family for many years. Only six ingredients.
Welcome to Day 11 of the Fourth Annual 12 Days of Christmas Series!
We have teamed up with 50 plus bloggers to bring you a oodles of DIY Ideas and Recipes to make your holiday season merrier. There are 12 different posts in the series and we have spread them out over a four week period with three posts per week. Now is the time to subscribe!
GO HERE for the complete list of Dates and Topics plus a collection of most popular holiday ideas including ornaments, games, recipes and more from all 50 plus talented bloggers!
It’s Day 11 and we have been in the kitchen making something sweet to share!
Christmas Magic Cookie Bars are so easy to make even the children and make these! Only six ingredients and no mixer or bowl needed! These don’t even make a big mess.
I first started making this recipe sometime back in the 1980’s. The good folks at Borden published a small recipe booklet full of easy to make desserts. I picked up a copy at my grocery store for $1. Their original recipe uses coconut but we skip that since my hubby isn’t a fan.
Scroll Down for the Printable Recipe
More Sweet Treat Recipe Ideas
- Pecan Snowball Cookies
- Hot Fudge Easy Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Maple Walnut Fudge
There are a few variations of this easy recipe for Magic Cookie Bars around the internet. You can make these for any season if you are using M&M’s. Get the Easter pastel candies or the summer red, white and blue candies and even the Harvest yellow and orange M&M’s!
Other variations include:
- Dried Fruits such as Apricots can be substituted instead of the chocolate morsels.
- Butterscotch lovers can substitute Butterscotch morsels for the chocolate morsels.
- Peanut Butter Chips can be added along with the Chocolate Chip morsels.
- Wheat Germ can be substituted for the Graham Cracker Crumbs.
- Raisins or Dried Cranberries instead of Chocolate morsels.
- Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups can be added instead of or along with the Chocolate morsels
You get the picture, make this recipe personalized to the flavors your family enjoys!
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1½ Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 Can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Pkg. 12 oz. Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 Cup candy coated chocolate (M&M's)
- Preheat oven to 350° (325° for glass dish)
- x 9" baking dish is best but a large square baking dish will work too.
- Place the butter in the baking dish and melt in preheated oven.
- Remove dish with melted butter from the oven.
- Sprinkle the Graham Cracker Crumbs evenly over the melted butter.
- Pour the sweet condensed milk evenly on top of the crumbs.
- Now sprinkle the milk chocolate morsels on top.
- The chopped pecans go on next on top of the milk chocolate morsels.
- Last sprinkle the M&M's on top.
- Using a spatula, press the top layer down all across the surface.
- Bake approximately 25-30 minutes. (Oven temperatures vary)
Scroll down for even more Sweet Treats to make this holiday season!
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Easy To Create Red Wagon Christmas Decor - November 18, 2019
- Cheap And Easy Cardboard Box Snowman Bean Bag Toss Game - November 18, 2019
- Chocolate Caramel Pecan Bar Cookies - November 15, 2019