If you are looking for a really show stopping, delectable goodie to adorn you holiday table with very little effort involved, go with these Triple Nut Diamond Bar Cookies!
This is not a difficult recipe to make and it doesn’t take very long compared to lots of other, pretty and desirable holiday cookies and goodies recipes.
I found this recipe among my cookbook collection. Don’t you enjoy looking through your holiday cookbooks sometimes? You never know what jewel you may find in!
More Cookie recipes
- Pecan Snowdrop Cookies
- Soft & Chewy Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bacon Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Taste of Home’s Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001 is where I found the original recipe. Of course, I made changes to the recipe to suit my family’s preferences. Feel free to use all one nut our mix the nuts you prefer. I am thinking these would be good with pistachios too!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ Cup unsalted butter , softened at room temperature
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ Cup Half & Half
- ⅔ Cup each; slivered almonds, chopped walnuts and chopped pecans
- Line a 9x9 or 7x11 pan with foil and spray well with non-stick spray.
- Blend together the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the ¾ cup of softened butter into the flour mixture, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the flour mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan until it is nice and firm.
- Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the brown sugar, honey and ¼ cup butter until completely dissolved and it begins to boil. Boil for only 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Half & Half and nuts.
- Coat the nuts well with the caramelized mixture.
- Pour over the crust and spread well.
- Bake at 350° until nut mixture is bubbly hot, about 12-20 minutes depending on your oven.
- Allow to cool on wire rack and then place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set before cutting.
- Cut and serve. I used a diamond shape cookie cutter as a template but cut the bars with a sharp knife.
- Make This Easy Autumn Mug As A Beginner Cricut Project - September 29, 2020
- Gluten Free Delicious Baked Apple Crisp Recipe - September 28, 2020
- 33 Halloween Movies The Whole Family Will Love To Watch - September 14, 2020