Crockpot Ranch Chicken Sliders
These Crockpot Ranch Chicken Sliders are a boneless chicken thigh recipe simmered until they are falling apart and infused with a delicious ranch flavor.
Ranch Chicken Sliders are a great addition to the menu plan for busy days. They are made with only three ingredients and I put the chicken in the Crockpot frozen!
This recipe is very versatile though. See our list below of the many different ways you can use this Crockpot Shredded Chicken.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
- Crockpot, at least 6 quart. (My Favorite Crockpot is this one)
- Slotted spoon, like this
- Two forks
- Serving bowl
Three simple ingredients are all you need to cook the chicken for these sliders.
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breast
- 1 or 2 packs dry Ranch dressing mix, like this
- ½ cup water
Rinse the frozen chicken in a colander under slow running cool water to remove any ice crystals which may be on the chicken. Drain and add the chicken to your Crockpot.
Pour the water into the Crockpot and then sprinkle the Ranch dressing mix over the chicken.
I use 2 packets of Ranch dressing. It will look like a lot but it gives the chicken great flavor.
I do not add salt. There is salt in the ranch dressing mix, no need to add any additional seasonings unless it is your personal preference.
Cove with the lid and cook the chicken thighs on low for about 3 or 4 hours until they are falling apart.
Carefully remove the meat from the Crockpot using a slotted spoon. Then shred the meat with two forks as seen in the video below.
Step 5 Make the sliders
Slice open your slider buns and slather a little sandwich spread of your choice inside.
Then pile on a heaping helping of shredded ranch chicken along with your favorite sandwich toppings. Serve and enjoy!
Our Homemade Creamy Cole Slaw with only four ingredients is the perfect topping or side dish to serve with sliders.
This recipe for cooked shredded chicken is good served as leftovers or prepared one day in advance. Just remember to save some of the juice so you can heat the juice and pour over the shredded chicken before you heat it up. I prefer to reheat the meat in the microwave as the oven will dry it out.
Also see this recipe for Baked Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas. Use this easy Crockpot shredded chicken recipe except substitute Taco Seasoning packets for the Ranch dressing mix.
Ways To Serve Cooked Shredded Chicken
- Make sliders
- Add BBQ Sauce after shredding for BBQ sandwiches
- Chicken Tacos
- Stir in Marinara sauce for Chicken Parm Sandwiches
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Use it to make homemade Chicken Salad
- Make Chicken burritos or enchiladas
- Casserole filling
- Chicken and Rice
- Shredded chicken makes a good salad topping
***Follow our Crockpot/Slow Cooker Board on Pinterest***
Crockpot Ranch Chicken Sliders Recipe
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 packets dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Rinse the frozen chicken in a colander under slow running cool water to remove any ice crystals which may be on the chicken. Drain and add the chicken to your Crockpot.
- Pour the water into the Crockpot and then sprinkle the Ranch dressing mix over the chicken.
- I use 2 packets of Ranch dressing. It will look like a lot but it gives the chicken great flavor.
- Cove with the lid and cook the chicken thighs on low for about 3 or 4 hours until they are falling apart.
- Carefully remove the meat from the Crockpot using a slotted spoon. Then shred the meat with two forks as seen in the video below.
- Slice open your slider buns and slather a little sandwich spread of your choice inside.
- Then pile on a heaping helping of shredded ranch chicken along with your favorite sandwich toppings. Serve and enjoy!
More Recipes Using Chicken
Easy Rotisserie Chicken & Brie Sandwich with Savory Peach Spread
Chicken Parmigiana Recipe From Scratch
Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet Easy Recipe Chik fil A copycat recipe
Air Fryer Cheesy Chicken Tenders Recipe
Baked Chicken Leg Quarters Easy Recipe
HOW TO OVERCOME A CRACKED CROCK
A tragedy recently occurred in my kitchen when my crock cracked! I don’t know about your kitchen but in mine that constitutes an emergency! Thankfully I have more than one Crockpot! It was my favorite crock though!
Just an FYI, if you have Crockpot brand and your crock cracks, you can replace it from their site. My replacement was only $10 with free shipping! I called customer service using the number on their site. The representative I spoke with was especially nice and had my replacement crock sent out immediately. It was a smooth and easy process but the best part was that it wasn’t expensive.
Yum! I bet the addition of the ranch flavoring is delicious! Pinned 🙂
Oh my, that does sound so yummy! When you mentioned falling off the bone and saving a little juice to reheat, that totally had me. Thanks for sharing an easy delicious recipe!
You are calling my name. Feed me these sliders and I will bring you snickerdoodles!
Oh, these chicken ranch sliders look amazing! I am definitely going to try these. Luke will love them!
Life With Lorelai
oh my! A cracked crock pot That is serious
My kids would love this and I love the coleslaw addition. I have printed and will add it to my colletion
I love pulled meat sandwiches too and these look delicious and plenty easy! I am going to have to give them a try!
I love making sliders in the crockpot and I’m always looking for new recipes with a twist on my old faithful sliders. I’m going to use your recipe and switch from pork to chicken and add the Ranch dressing mix next time I make sliders. Ranch makes everything better! And I always use Hawaiian rolls. Your recipe looks heavenly and I know my family will love it.
Wow, this chicken looks oh, so yum, and yet almost too easy to prepare. I love pulled meat sandwiches, so I’m pinning this one to try soon this summer. Thanks! –Ginger