Tender, juicy and meaty weeknight meats are not usually this easy to prepare but Baked Chicken Leg Quarters are! Serve the side dishes your family loves and everyone will be smiling at the dinner table.
There are a ton of side dish ideas to go with Baked Chicken Leg Quarters and we have probably served them all at my house. It just depends on how much time I have and what’s on hand at the time. More about this later.
When I was growing up, my Mom always served two side dishes and some kind of bread with our weeknight meal. One of those was usually rice because my Dad loved rice so stinking much!
EASY CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS RECIPE
This is such an easy meal to prepare. Be sure to rinse the chicken before placing it into a prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle the leg quarters with Salt, Pepper and either Sage or Poultry seasoning. Sprinkle heavily with Paprika last. Then dot with butter. These Leg Quarters are oven roasted and ready to eat in under one hour.
The butter and paprika together will give the skin that crispy brown texture and flavor we love. I learned the butter pat trick when I was a manger at a Meat and Two Restaurant years ago. I learned a lot about cooking by hanging out in the kitchen with our seasoned cooks.
THE TRICK TO CRISPY SKIN ON BAKED CHICKEN
Baked Leg Quarters are so easy to prepare plus they are filling and delicious for a weeknight meal. We like them skin on and for the skin to get a little bit crispy.
The trick to crispy skin is to dot the surface with small little pats of butter. I learned this trick from the cooks at a Southern home cooking restaurant I once managed. Sprinkling paprika over the skin gives it a darker look when it comes out of the oven.
Did you know that Tyson chicken (this is not a paid statement) is antibiotic free? Yes, it says so on the outside of all their packages. That is important to me so I know my family isn’t ingesting any quantity of harmful medicines which may have been fed to the chickens on the farm.
SIDE DISHES TO SERVE WITH EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
- Fresh Green Bean Salad with Feta
- Crockpot Macaroni-n-Cheese
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Southern Potato Salad
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes
See, I told you we like a variety of side dishes with our Baked Chicken Leg Quarters easy recipe. Stewed squash and Onions are a personal favorite. Here is my recipe for making Stewed Squash and Onions with fresh squash.
Here is my trick when I’m in a hurry. Margaret Holmes canned goods are always good and we love the Squash and Onions! Find it on Amazon right here.
- 4 Fresh Chicken Leg Quarters
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp Sage or Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 stick Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Rinse the chicken and place into a prepared baking dish
- Sprinkle the chicken with all of the seasonings using the Paprika last.
- Cut the butter into small pats and dot the tops of the chicken with it.
- Bake at 350, uncovered, for about 40-50 minutes until chicken reaches 165°.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 583Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 358mgSodium 926mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 62g
Nutrition information is estimated and may not be exact based on uncontrolled variables in home kitchens used by each individual cook.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps Instant Pot® Or Skillet Easy Recipe
- Lemon Pepper Oven Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- Baked BBQ Chicken Bone In
- Homemade Chicken Fajita Wraps with Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet Easy Recipe
- Chicken Prosciutto Saltimbocca
- Air Fryer Cheesy Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Baked Chicken Leg Quarters Easy Recipe
- Smothered Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 3 Ingredients Easy Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 Reasons To Grow A Salad Bowl Garden - April 13, 2021
- Year-Round Indoor Salad Gardening: How to Grow Nutrient-Dense, Soil-Sprouted Greens in Less Than 10 days: Book Review - April 12, 2021
- Ultimate Easter Magic Cookie Bars Recipe - March 31, 2021