Tender, juicy and meaty weeknight meats are not usually this easy to prepare but Baked Chicken Leg Quarters are! Serve the side dishes your family loves and everyone will be smiling at the dinner table.
There are a ton of side dish ideas to go with Baked Chicken Leg Quarters and we have probably served them all at my house. It just depends on how much time I have and what’s on hand at the time.
When I was growing up, my Mom always served two side dishes and some kind of bread with our weeknight meal. One of those was usually rice because my Dad loved rice so stinking much!
This is such an easy meal to prepare. Be sure to rinse the chicken before placing it into a prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle the leg quarters with Salt, Pepper and either Sage or Poultry seasoning. Sprinkle heavily with Paprika last. Then dot with butter. These Leg Quarters are oven roasted and ready to eat in under one hour.
The butter and paprika together will give the skin that crispy brown texture and flavor we love. I learned the butter pat trick when I was a manger at a Meat and Two Restaurant years ago. I learned a lot about cooking by hanging out in the kitchen with our seasoned cooks.
Baked Leg Quarters are so easy to prepare plus they are filling and delicious for a weeknight meal. We like them skin on and for the skin to get a little bit crispy.
Did you know that Tyson chicken (this is not a paid statement) is antibiotic free? Yes, it says so on the outside of all their packages. That is important to me so I know my family isn’t ingesting any quantity of harmful medicines which may have been fed to the chickens on the farm.
See, I told you we like a variety of side dishes with our Baked Leg Quarters. Stewed squash and Onions are a personal favorite. Here is my recipe for making Stewed Squash and Onions with fresh squash.
Here is my trick when I’m in a hurry. Margaret Holmes canned goods are always good and we love the Squash and Onions! Find it on Amazon right here.
~~~Follow our Intelligent Domestications Board on Pinterest~~~
Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
- 4 Fresh Chicken Leg Quarters
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp Sage or Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 stick Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350Rinse the chicken and place into a prepared baking dishSprinkle the chicken with all of the seasonings using the Paprika last.Cut the butter into small pats and dot the tops of the chicken with it.Bake at 350 for about 40-50 minutes until chicken reaches 165°. Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
Wait! Don’t go just yet! Scoll on down for more Weeknight Meal recipe ideas.
~~~Share this recipe to Pinterest~~~
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 10 Most Popular Recipes and Home Ideas of the Decade - January 16, 2020
- Most Popular Recipes And Ideas of 2019 - January 14, 2020
- Easy White Beans And Ham Soup - January 6, 2020