Pair a bag of frozen chicken wings with some Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce and one secret ingredient and you have the best every BBQ Chicken wings recipe.
My 3 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings recipe is our go-to for an easy scrumptious party or game day food any time of the year!
This recipe has been shared more than 200 thousand times by our readers.
I can’t even tell you how many times I have made this easy recipe for my own family and they still enjoy them. It is one of our favorite recipes for any time of the year, especially game-day food.
We like just a tiny bit of char on our Chicken Wings. The secret to making delicious Crockpot BBQ Wings is in the final step.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
- Large Crockpot, (shop Crockpots at Walmart)
- Large Colander
- A large slotted spoon to scoop out the wings
- Disposable Crockpot Liners (optional)
Ingredient List for Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings
- Coca Cola
- Frozen Chicken wings
- BBQ Sauce, I like this brand
The Wings I Cook
- Bone in
- Skin on
- Store brand Chicken Wing Drummettes They come in 2 1/2 lb. bags and I usually cook two for my family. These small chicken drumettes are perfect.
The Crockpot to use
I use a 6-quart Crockpot like this one for this recipe with 5 to 10 lbs. of wings and they fit comfortably.
How To Cook Good Wings
No need to thaw the chicken wings. Wings are thin meat so they thaw and cook at the same time. I always rinse my chicken first. We are going to cook them frozen and they may have a few ice crystals to be rinsed off.
Place the chicken wings in a big colander in the sink and rinse with slow-running water to remove any ice crystals which may be on them from the freezer. This colander (affiliate) looks exactly like mine which is large enough to hold 5 lbs. of wings at one time.
Use low water pressure, and don’t turn the water on full force, so you won’t splash chicken water all over the place. But just to be safe please wash the sink and counters around it any time you have rinsed chicken in your kitchen sink.
Do Not Thaw
Do not thaw the wings prior to cooking! They thaw, cook, and soak up flavor all at one time in just 2 or 3 hours!
Add your frozen wings to the Crockpot.
Cover with cola. When we have Coke on hand that is what I use but the store brand and even diet cola work just fine also. Folks have contacted me to say they even used Sprite and it worked well too. Do not use water for this recipe.
The wings are going to create their own juice while cooking so you only want to barely cover them with cola. The combination of the chicken juices and the cola will create a tender juicy deliciousness in your BBQ Wings!
Step 3 Drain the wings
While your wings are draining, preheat the oven to 350°.
Drain the cooked wings well in the colander before adding the BBQ sauce. Carefully remove the wings from the slow cooker. I use a large slotted spoon like this one
Do not use tongs to remove these slow cooker chicken wings from the crockpot. They are very tender and will fall apart easily. A slotted spoon is best because it allows the juice to drip back into the pot.
Step 4 Ready for the oven
Line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray. Now, it is time to learn how to barbeque chicken wings into a deliciousness you can’t resist.
Now let’s bake that yummy sauce onto those wings.
Step 5 Finish your Crockpot BBQ Wings
Place the baking pan into the oven, preheated to 350°. Bake the wings for 10-12 minutes then turn on the broiler to get a little char on the skin of your wings. Don’t walk away, char happens quickly. The end result is finger-licking delicious chicken wings!
Also, See how to make these into Lemon Pepper Wings
Scroll down for a complete printable/downloadable recipe.
BBQ Wings are great game-day food. Make this crowd-pleaser for the super bowl, a family dinner, or even as an appetizer. Crockpot BBQ chicken wings with coke will be one of your family favorites.
3 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings
- 12-16 chicken wings do not thaw
- 1 can Coke
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce we use Sweet Baby Ray’s
- Turn Crockpot on low. (I like this Crockpot with great ratings)
- Pour the can of Coke into the crockpot.
- Place all of the chicken wings into the Coke.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Remove wings from Crockpot onto a baking pan covered with foil.
- Brush wings generously with BBQ sauce
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes, just until the BBQ is heated. Then turn on the broiler to get a little char on the skin of your wings. Don't walk away, char happens quickly.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Secret To The Success of Crockpot BBQ Wings Recipe
The secret to perfectly cooked Slow Cooker Barbeque Chicken Wings is placing them in the oven for a few minutes after removing them from the crockpot. The oven sets the BBQ sauce and keeps the wings from being too wet from cooking in the liquid.
When we have a big crowd and I cook a lot of wings I serve them from disposable aluminum pans like these for easy clean-up. Just sit the tongs by the pan and step out of the way! Everyone loves these slow-cooker wings!
Use Slow cooker liners for easy clean-up. I l-o-v-e them and don’t dare ever run out of them.
Side Dishes to Serve with BBQ Chicken Wings
- Creamy Homemade Cole Slaw,
- Best Ever BBQ Baked Beans
- Homestyle Oven Baked Fries,
- Southern Style BBQ Baked Beans,
- Southern Potato Salad (made from scratch!)
- Fresh Green Bean Salad
- Baked Potatoes (20 Baked Potato Toppings)
More Weeknight Dinners for Family
- Oven Baked Smothered Cube Steak, the ultimate comfort food
- Baked Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas, easy recipe for a kid-friendly dinner
- Air Fryer Catfish Nuggets taste deep fried but they are not
- Oven Baked Glazed Spam, an easy recipe with few ingredients
- Easy Crockpot Beef Tips & Gravy Recipe, shared over 153 thousand times. Yes, it is good.
- Easy Classic Lasagna recipe and the leftovers are delicious for lunch the next day