When making a variety of wing flavors for guests it is essential to always include Lemon Pepper Wings for die-hard wing fans.
Not everyone eats hot wings! Our two most popular flavors are these 3 Ingredient BBQ and this 3 Ingredient Lemon Pepper wing recipe I am sharing.
We are talking only 3 Ingredients and super easy prep for these Lemon Pepper Wings we love. Actually, all you do is rinse the wings and put them in the Crockpot then pour the cola over them. That is what I call super easy!
My recipe was inspired by a restaurant that no longer exists in our area. We loved their wings and would often pick up a variety on weekends. We never failed to get lemon pepper because my husband loved those the most.
It became essential for me to learn to make them when the restaurant closed. I tried a variety of different methods including smearing the wings with melted butter prior to baking which was my least favorite method of preparation.
The key ingredient for infusing a moist and delicious meat to the wing is cola. Cover the wings with cola prior to cooking in the Crockpot.
I like to keep a 2 liter bottle on hand for this purpose and I just use the store brand of cola. Two 12 oz. cans will cover when cooking 5 lbs of wings.
The chicken wing drummettes come in a 2 1/2 lb. bag. I always cook two of those and I buy the store brand. Some folks enjoy the wing section and others enjoy the tiny little drum sticks.
Do not thaw prior to cooking. They thaw and cook at the same time on low in the Crockpot.
We love these Oven Baked Homestyle Fries with our Wings!
When I finally started cooking the wings in the Crockpot in cola I realized I could season them after they are done then bake them in the oven for a bit to give them a more crisp bite!
My printable recipe below is for cooking one bag. Just double or triple for your crowd!
3 Ingredient Lemon Pepper Wings
- 1 Crockpot
- 1 2.5 lb. bag Party wings available in the meat department
- 1 Can Coke
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Pepper
- Turn the Crockpot on to low setting.
- Place the washed wings into the Crockpot and pour the can of Coke over them.
- Put the lid on the Crockpot and cook on low 3 or 4 hours until done.
- Drain the wings in a colander allowing all the juice to drip off. NOTE: Remove them from Crockpot carefully as they are tender and will fall apart easy. I use a slotted spoon, not tongs.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place drained wings onto a prepared sheet pan.
- Sprinkle heavily with Lemon Pepper seasoning on both sides.
- Bake, uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes until crisp. Serve and enjoy!
If you love Lemon Pepper then try this recipe for Lemon Pepper Baked Talapia!
More Party Food Recipes
Crockpot BBQ Wings easy recipe