As a brand ambassador for Oriental Trading, we happy to share products we have received with ideas you can use. All opinions are our own.
We’re excited to share with you our easy Football Party Ideas! Football season is our favorite time of year so we may get a little carried away to begin the season with a celebration including great food and decor.
Football season is almost like having an entire party season around our house. We love going to high school games, watching the SEC on Saturdays and the NFL on Sunday afternoons.
Our love for football is why we have our own collection of favorite football party food and why we like to begin the season with a big celebration!
Pictured are; Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Crescent Rolls on the left. Lemon Pepper BBQ Wings and 3 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Wings on the right.
Isn’t that Football theme can adorable! It is an simple DIY project.
Just paint an empty vegetable can with brown paint. After it dries, add the stripe with a small brush and white paint. Stuff a yellow napkin inside and use it for flatware or like I did for those fun #1 Finger suckers I found at Oriental Trading.
Food doubles as decor when served in fun party containers like these we found at Oriental Trading.
Cupcakes are a classic dessert and so easy to make. You can’t resist making cupcakes when they become your party table centerpiece using the Large Football Stadium Cupcake Stand from Oriental Trading.
The icing on the homemade cupcakes is made with vanilla canned frosting which I tinted green. FYI, it takes a whole lot of green food coloring to get the right shade of green. I piped it on using a #131 drop flower tip. The trick is to pull up quickly and allow the end of the frosting to trail tall like grass. Of course if you have a grass tip, just say Yay!
Go HERE for complete easy instructions to make the Football Character Cookies. No baking required because we decorated store bought cookies!
Now we get to that luscious 3 Ingredient Crockpot Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe!
3 Ingredient Lemon Pepper Wings
- 1 Crockpot
- 1 2.5 lb. bag Party wings available in the meat department
- 1 Can Coke
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Pepper
- Turn the Crockpot on to low setting.
- Place the washed wings into the Crockpot and pour the can of Coke over them.
- Put the lid on the Crockpot and cook on low 3 or 4 hours until done.
- Drain the wings in a colander allowing all the juice to drip off. NOTE: Remove them from Crockpot carefully as they are tender and will fall apart easy. I use a slotted spoon, not tongs.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place drained wings onto a prepared sheet pan.
- Sprinkle heavily with Lemon Pepper seasoning on both sides.
- Bake, uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes until crisp. Serve and enjoy!
Find our Football Party decor at Oriental Trading by visiting here.
Large Football Stadium Cupcake Holder ~ Football Hanging Paper Lanterns ~ Football Chili Bowls ~ Football Face Tattoos ~ Mini Football Popcorn Boxes ~ Touchdown Time Oval Football Plates ~ Football Cupcake Liners ~ Green “We’re #1” Finger-Shaped Suckers ~ Realistic Football Stress Balls
Also See: 40 Plus Super Bowl Party Food Ideas
Our Football party menu consisted of; 3 Ingredient Lemon Pepper Wings, 3 Ingredient BBQ Wings, Queso Dip, Pepperoni Roll-Ups, Chips, Popcorn, Cupcakes, Football Character Cookies and We’re #1 Finger Shaped Suckers from Oriental Trading.
Tips To Make Your Party Affordable
- Let your food become part of your party decor by serving it in bright attractive party containers.
- Use easy recipes with few ingredients like our 3 Ingredient Crockpot Lemon Pepper Wings.
- Purchase party decor which can be reused.
- Use a cupcake stand as your table centerpiece and make your own cupcakes.
Visit the Oriental Trading site now for a huge selection of party supplies with a variety of themes here.
More Family Friendly Fun Ideas
- Seven Super Easy Halloween Party Food Ideas
- WWE Party With Pun Named Foods
- Hosting A Women’s Ministry Event
- Disneyland Theme Party Decorations @C’mon Get Crafty