Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe
Comfort food comes in many forms and our Classic Lasagna is one of the most desired forms without a ton of ingredients.
Most cooks learn to make lasagna early on. I remember being intimidated by the very idea of not only preparing lasagna but the high cost of the ingredients! Our Classic Lasagna recipe does not use a ton of ingredients so it won’t break the bank or leave the kitchen a disaster.
We use store bought sauce, gasp! Hey, good cooks use good products so pick your favorite jar of pasta sauce up at the grocery store and get cooking!
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe
- 1 lb. Lasagna uncooked
- 1 lb. ground beef browned and drained
- 1 lb. ground sausage browned and drained.
- 1 jar 28 oz. of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 32 oz container of Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese reserve 1/2 cup
- 8 oz. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Brown and drain the meat then return it to the skillet.
- Pour the entire jar of sauce into the meat, stir and heat to boiling.
- Simmer with lid on about 5 minutes.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the dish.
- Top with one layer of lasagna noodles, uncooked.
- Spread a layer of Ricotta cheese onto the noodles.
- Sprinkle the Ricotta lightly with Mozzarella and Parmesan. (Reserve enough for all layers.)
- Now repeat by topping the cheeses with meat sauce, then noodles then cheeses again.
- Begin and end with meat sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with reserved mozzarella cheese then return to oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Only 7 ingredients and one skillet plus the baking dish make this recipe for Classic Lasagna easy and I like easy in my kitchen. Don’t you!?
This recipe is adaptable! We are mushroom lovers so I have been known to toss in some fresh chopped mushrooms and may even some minced garlic but then it really isn’t classic lasagna! Feel free to play around with your favorite variations!
If you are feeding a crowd you may like to also serve a salad and bread with your lasagna. We usually enjoy this dish on a weeknight with just some garlic bread which satisfies our need for some comfort food!
Which do you prefer Lasagna or Spaghetti?
Shirley, this recipe looks great. I was trying to schedule it with Tailwind and the images didn’t show. I tried using the Pin it Button, but that didn’t work either and I got a message that said, “we’ve blocked this because it might lead to spam.” Thought you’d want to know so you can check into it.
Scratching my head on the Pin not showing. It’s the part of running a website that isn’t much fun, trying to find the problem! I shall get to work on that. In the meantime, I always share a Pin image in the post which has the Pinterest button hovering over.
Lasagna is such a good meal to have on hand in the freezer. I make mine like you do and everyone loves it.
I love a good lasagna and this looks so tasty Shirley
Hi Shirley, I too make my lasagna like this and it tastes great and makes it so much easier to make. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.
I love your shortcut! Perfect way to get a yummy lasagna on the table without having to make sauce from scratch.