Thanks to our Brand Partner, Cabot Cheese for sponsoring this post.
This Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet recipe is inspired by a breakfast we love from Chik fil a. It’s my copycat recipe of their Hash Brown Scramble bowl.
Make this easy to prepare Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet for breakfast or dinner. The perfect breakfast treat for special occasions like Christmas morning or when you have guests.
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas event
Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this years talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs.
GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
See all 12 Days of Christmas Ideas
- Day 1 (Gift Guides) 15 GIFTS WOMEN REALLY WANT UNDER $50
- Day 2 (Holiday Survival Guides) MY HOLIDAY SEASON SURVIVAL TIPS (this is what works for me)
- Day 3 (Kids Activities) TWEEN & TEEN CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES (I interviewed my Grand kids and these are their answers)
- Day 4 (Party Games) CHEAP & EASY CARDBOARD BOX SNOWMAN BEAN BAG TOSS
- Day 5 (DIY Advent Calendar) ADORABLE ADVENT CALENDAR EASY CHRISTMAS CRAFT
- Day 6 (DIY Wreath) FESTIVE RED BUFFALO PLAID CHRISTMAS WREATH
- Day 7 (DIY Ornaments) SIMPLE & EASY NATIVITY CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- Day 8 (Christmas Printables) EASY KIDS CHRISTMAS LIGHTS SCAVENGER HUNT GAME
- Day 9 (Pot Luck Recipes) ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
- Day 10 (Christmas Desserts) CRANBERRY PECAN WHITE FUDGE
- Day 11 (Christmas Breakfast) CHICKEN AND CHEESE EGGS SKILLET
- Day 12 (Christmas Tree) FESTIVE RED AND GOLD CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATIONS
Ingredients for making Chicken & Cheese Eggs Skillet with Hash Rounds
- Chicken Tenders
- Hash Rounds
- Cabot Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fajita Plate Set, cast iron with wooden tray (I am using this one found on Amazon)
We found some yummy frozen chicken tenders we enjoy and I used those for this dish. but if you really want to make them from scratch, try this easy recipe that my family enjoys. Here is the Air Fryer version of the same recipe.
My choice for cheese is Cabot Extra Sharp White Cheddar! Who else loves the extra sharp cheese?
This breakfast casserole is really easy to make and everyone will love it. You have to admit, it is also fun to eat right from the skillet too! Let’s get started.
Do you have chicken lovers in your home? You know the one’s that order chicken in every restaurant, even the steak house? My youngest daughter usually orders chicken tenders everywhere.
When she and her hubby come to visit during the holiday season, we always make a special breakfast for them. It is usually my hubby doing the breakfast cooking but this time, I’m treating everyone. They are going to love that this dish is a Chik fil a Hash Brown Scramble bowl copycat recipe.
CHICKEN TENDERS AND HASH ROUNDS
Begin by cooking the chicken tenders and hash rounds in the oven according to package directions. See how easy that is! I mean, if you are making this for guests or even your own family on Christmas morning, you need some time savers, right! Plus this dish won’t make a big mess in the kitchen either. That is a win-win for me.
Layer the cooked hash rounds on the bottom of the pan. I lined them around the edges because it made the dish attractive and added a few to the middle as well.
Cut the prepared chicken tenders into smaller bite size pieces and place them into the center of the pan.
EGGS ARE NEXT
Watch the timer on your oven while you are cooking the chicken tenders and hash rounds. This is when you will be shredding the cheese and cooking the eggs.
Go ahead and scramble or fry your eggs, whichever you prefer just before the oven timer goes off. This way your eggs will still be hot. Change the oven setting to the broiler when you remove the food from the oven. Now top the chicken with your eggs.
Sprinkle the cheese evenly across the top of the eggs and set the skillet in the oven under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese. Do not walk away. Stay there and watch the cheese melt. It only takes a few seconds in most ovens.
Top the cheese with a few sprigs of Thyme or chopped scallions and serve hot!
So set the table really pretty and surprise those special people in your home with a thoughtful and fun Christmas breakfast. Set the Coffee Boss on the table so everyone can pour their own into festive cups. Enjoy the fellowship over a warm and filling meal and a delicious cup of coffee. I like to call it ‘coffee and conversation’ and it’s best enjoyed at the kitchen table in my home.
Scroll down for more Christmas Breakfast ideas
~~Follow our Christmas Season Board on Pinterest~~
THE GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED