Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet Easy Recipe
This Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet recipe is my copycat recipe for the Chik fil A Hash Brown Scramble bowl.
Make this easy to prepare Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet for breakfast or dinner. The perfect breakfast treat for special occasions like Christmas morning or when you have guests.
I originally made this breakfast chicken recipe for Christmas as a special treat for my family. Now we might have this easy meal for a weeknight dinner. Breakfast for supper is always a good winter meal.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
Do you have chicken lovers in your home? You know, the ones that order chicken in every restaurant, even the steak house? This breakfast chicken recipe is for them.
My recipe serves 4 or 5 people. The ingredients are simple. You should be able to find them all at your grocery store. I purchase my frozen chicken tenders at either Sam’s Club or Walmart.
- Frozen chicken tender bites
- Frozen Hash Rounds
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (use any flavor you like)
- Salt and pepper to taste
This breakfast casserole is really easy to make and everyone will love it. I serve this meal in a couple of small iron skillets just for fun.
Begin by cooking the chicken tenders and hash rounds in the oven according to package directions.
While the chicken and hash rounds are baking, go ahead and scramble the eggs. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and set aside. Melt about one tablespoon of butter in a hot skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook stirring until done. Remove from skillet to a dish and set aside.
Layer the cooked hash rounds on the bottom of an oven-proof baking dish or iron skillet.
I lined the hash rounds around the edges of the skillet because it made the dish attractive and added a few to the middle as well.
Cut the prepared chicken tenders into smaller bite-size pieces and place them into on top of the hash rounds.
5 Next, add the eggs
Add the scrambled eggs onto the top of the chicken and hash rounds.
6 Make it cheese
Sprinkle the cheese evenly across the top of the eggs and set the skillet in the oven under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese. Do not walk away. Stay there and watch the cheese melt. It only takes a few seconds in most ovens.
Top the cheese with a few sprigs of Thyme or chopped scallions and serve hot!
So set the table really pretty and surprise those special people in your home with a thoughtful and fun special breakfast. I served my chicken and eggs recipe on these fun Fajita skillets found on Amazon.
Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet Breakfast Recipe
- 16-20 frozen chicken tenders
- 1/2 bag (16 oz.) frozen hash rounds
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Monterry Jack Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bake the chicken tenders and hash rounds according to package directions.
- While the chicken and hash rounds are baking, scramble the eggs and set aside.
- Remove the chicken and hash rounds from the oven and begin layering the cooked ingredients in an oven proof dish or an iron skillet.
- Begin by adding the hash rounds on the bottom and top those with the chicken tenders.
- Next, add the scrambled eggs on top.
- Now, sprinkle the cheese on top of the chicken and eggs and melt under the broiler. Be careful as cheese melts quickly under the broiler so stay right there and watch until the cheese is melted to your liking.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
~~Follow our Christmas Season Board on Pinterest~~
More Breakfast Recipes
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Breakfast Casserole RecipeSlow Cooker Southwestern Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Baked Egg & Veggie Muffin Omelets
- Low Carb Cream Cheese Pancakes with Fresh Berries
- Crescent Roll & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- The Secret To Making Good Grits
12 Days of Christmas Recipes and Ideas
- Day 1 (Gift Guides) 15 GIFTS WOMEN REALLY WANT UNDER $50
- Day 2 (Holiday Survival Guides) MY HOLIDAY SEASON SURVIVAL TIPS (this is what works for me)
- Day 3 (Kids Activities) TWEEN & TEEN CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES (I interviewed my Grandkids and these are their answers)
- Day 4 (Party Games) CHEAP & EASY CARDBOARD BOX SNOWMAN BEAN BAG TOSS
- Day 5 (DIY Advent Calendar) ADORABLE ADVENT CALENDAR EASY CHRISTMAS CRAFT
- Day 6 (DIY Wreath) FESTIVE RED BUFFALO PLAID CHRISTMAS WREATH
- Day 7 (DIY Ornaments) SIMPLE & EASY NATIVITY CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- Day 8 (Christmas Printables) EASY KIDS CHRISTMAS LIGHTS SCAVENGER HUNT GAME
- Day 9 (Pot Luck Recipes) ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
- Day 10 (Christmas Desserts) CRANBERRY PECAN WHITE FUDGE
- Day 11 (Christmas Breakfast) CHICKEN AND CHEESE EGGS SKILLET
- Day 12 (Christmas Tree) FESTIVE RED AND GOLD CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATIONS
Originally published Dec. 4, 2019. Updated Dec. 20, 2022
My mouth is watering! My family will love this one!
I have one of those too. Every time we go out my son orders chicken fingers/tenders. Even when going out for tacos he has chicken tacos. His eyes would be big like a deer in headlights if I made this recipe for him! Pinned
Love this breakfast casserole Shirley! Perfect for hungry teenage boys on Christmas morning!!
This looks so good! I’m always down for sweet breakfast but my hubby and family actual prefer something savoury. Can’t wait to try it!
I sure need a quick and easy breakfast idea that won’t make a mess in the kitchen. haha I’m the person who always orders chicken fingers, but my husband loves chicken of all types. This would be a hit at our house.