Baked Egg & Veggie Muffin Omelets
These Baked Egg and Veggie Muffin Omelets are a delicious bite size breakfast on the go. Turn a veggie omelet into a finger food for those busy mornings when you need breakfast on the go.
These Baked Egg and Veggie Omelets are versatile. Add your favorite omelet additions and even meat if you like. They are ready to eat in about 30 minutes. A finger food breakfast which is great for busy school mornings too!
- Bell Peppers
- Cooked crumbled bacon
- Cooked chopped ham
TIPS FOR BAKING EGG & VEGGIE MUFFIN OMELETS
I like to make my baked egg omelets using cupcake papers sprayed with non-stick spray. You can bake them directly in the muffin pan but be sure to spray the pan first. They will still likely stick just a little bit.
Fill the muffins cups about 2/3 full. Eggs will rise but not too much. Adding a bit of milk to the eggs before mixing will help them to rise better and be a little more fluffy.
PRE-COOK THE MEAT
If you want to add meat to your Baked Egg Omelets be sure to cook it first then chop into small pieces. Add the meat along with the veggies into the scrambled eggs.
You can still keep this easy recipe under 30 minutes if you use precooked meats which are a convenience item found in the meat department at the grocery store. Even microwave bacon will work since it is ready in seconds and crumbles easily.
Chop all veggie and meat additions in to small pieces so they won’t hinder cooking time.
MAKE FLUFFY BAKED EGG OMELETS
Personally I like to cut down on the milk products I consume so I don’t add milk to my eggs but about 1 Tbsp. of milk will make fluffier baked omelets.
If you are adding chopped meat and want more veggies, add the milk to increase the density of your baked egg omelets.
WHEN TO MAKE BAKED EGG VEGGIE OMELETS
- Back to School because it’s a finger food when accompanied with a napkin
- Any busy morning when an on-the-go portable breakfast is needed
- Brunch menu item everyone loves
- A nice addition to your Saturday morning breakfast buffet
- Christmas morning
- Easter morning
- Breakfast for supper menu
Scroll down for printable recipe.
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS BREAKFAST
Mixing bowl preferably with a spout for easy pouring into the muffin tin
***FOLLOW OUR BREAKFAST BOARD ON PINTEREST***
Baked Egg & Veggie Muffin Cup Omelets
If you can chop vegetables and stir eggs, you can make these Baked Egg & Veggie Omelet Muffins. Easy to personalize, low carb and gluten free. A nice addition to your Brunch menu. Easy breakfast on the go finger food. #omelet #breakfast
- 10 Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups chopped vegetables of your choice
- (Peppers, onions, tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Optional: ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add in chopped vegetables and seasoning. Stir well. If you are adding cheese, add now and blend well.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin papers, spray the papers with non stick spray.
- Pour the egg omelet mixture into each cup, a little more than ⅔ full.
- Bake in preheated 375° oven for about 15 minutes. (Oven temps vary, may take longer or less time depending on your oven).
- Serve and enjoy!
Add about 1 Tbsp. of milk for fluffier eggs.
If you are making less and you have empty spots in your muffin pan, be sure to put some water into those empty spots prior to baking which will prevent your pan from warping.
Can be frozen but the texture of the eggs will change and become slightly mushy.
Can be stored in the refrigerator in airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat in microwave at 15 second intervals until warm.
Amount Per Serving Calories 119Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 166mgSodium 915mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 9g
Nutrition information is not accurate because the exact ingredients you may use will be slightly different than the original ingredients used to create this recipe.
Follow Intelligent Domestications on: PINTEREST/ FACEBOOK/ INSTAGRAM/ TWITTER
More Breakfast Recipe Ideas
- 12 Flavors of Christmas Breakfast Recipes
- The Secret To Cooking Good Grits
- French Loaf Breakfast Omelet
- Mexican Chorizo Breakfast Skillet @Domestically Creative
This post has been updated July 12, 2019
These look delicious.
These look yummy and easy! I also sometimes shy away from making omelettes on the stove, so this will be great.
Thanks for sharing this on the Retro Re-Pin Party.
Looking at that picture is making me hungry. It looks delightful.
This looks like the perfect breakfast for company! I always try to make something a little bit special when I have guests and your egg and veggie muffin cup omelets sure fit the bill. Pinning to my breakfast and brunch board!
It is a great breakfast for company, Christmas morning, brunch, lots of situations. And you can add almost anything to personalize the taste!