A sausage crescent roll casserole that you can serve for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
Here is your crowd-pleasing, company-is-coming, best-ever breakfast casserole recipe! Save this one, print it and put it with all of your best recipes that you make again and again.
This Crescent Roll & Sausage Breakfast Casserole has been making appearances in our home for several years so it is about time I shared the recipe! We usually make it during the Christmas season when our daughter and son-in-law are visiting.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
This is one of my hubby’s recipes, often requested for special occasions. The base is a buttery crescent roll that makes a delicious crust.
Holidays are the perfect time to bring out your best recipes! This delicious breakfast casserole will serve nicely for either breakfast or brunch soirees during the holiday season especially Christmas morning.
This Crescent Roll & Sausage Breakfast Casserole also makes a good egg bake dish to take along for Sunday School or Fellowship potluck dinners.
It’s a time saver for preparation since you begin the day before and let it marinate overnight before baking the next day.
Refrigerate any leftovers within 2 hours. Reheat in the microwave on low for 30 seconds at a time until heated through.
Use an oblong glass baking dish for your Crescent Roll & Sausage Breakfast Casserole. I have several the same size for holiday cooking and casserole season.
The beauty of a nice glass baking dish is that you can serve from the baking dish so less cleanup is involved!
This sausage crescent roll casserole comes together easily and one of the best parts is the yummy buttery crust.
- Ground sausage, I prefer Jimmy Dean Sage
- Crescent Rolls (I prefer this brand)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Scroll down for a printable recipe.
Crescent Roll & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 8oz. pkg. Crescent Rolls
- 6 Large eggs
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheese
- 1/2 Cup Half-n-half
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Brown and drain sausage. Let cool.
- Prepare 9×13 glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Open Crescent Rolls, unroll and lay out flat.
- Line the bottom of the dish with the Crescent roll dough pinching together to form a crust.
- Spread the sausage on top of the Crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of sausage.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- To Bake
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and seasonings.
- If you are adding veggies, now is the time to blend them into the egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage and cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and reduce heat to 325°
- Continue baking until the egg mixture is set, approximately 15 to 25 minutes or when knife inserted comes out clean.
Side dishes to serve with breakfast casserole
- Fresh fruit in season is a nice side to serve with your breakfast casserole.
- Grits are also a good side to serve with a breakfast casserole. See our Secret To Cooking Good Grits.
Also, see this recipe for Baked Egg & Veggie Muffin Cup Omelets