Christmas breakfast pretty much always involves some way of making baked eggs paired with some delectable ingredients such as fresh vegetables and delicious cheeses. This quiche recipe keeps that tradition quite well.
Christmas Breakfast Tradition
My husband always makes a nice Christmas breakfast for us each year on Christmas Eve. We especially enjoy sharing those early morning moments with our youngest and her family as they will be traveling back home later that day so they can wake up in their own home on Christmas morning with their son.
Christmas Day, we go to our oldest daughter’s home for breakfast which is a tradition we have held for more than 18 years. Our daughter cooks the full breakfast buffet spread. It’s a nice relaxing time we always look forward to.
This article contains affiliate links.
More Delicious Breakfast Ideas good for Christmas morning:
Welcome back to year 6 of our Festive Christmas Event where we team up with oodles of our talented blogging friends we admire to bring you a plethora of creative ways to celebrate your holiday season.
You will find new ideas every Monday and Wednesday between Oct. 19th through Nov. 18th. Scroll all the way down to find all the ideas linked at the end. Today we are sharing Christmas Breakfast recipes and ideas.
Our Festive Christmas Ideas so far this year:
15 Most Popular Gifts For Women This Year, a well researched gift guide with Amazon affiliate links to save you time.
35 More Men’s Stocking Stuffer Ideas They Will Actually Enjoy. A compliment to our last list of Men’s Stocking Stuffer Ideas when the Bacon flavored toothpicks were such a big hit.
A fun DIY Gift idea for teachers, friends, co-workers or anyone is this Elf Cam Mug. It’s stinking adorable.
Our gift to our readers is this free printable Christmas BINGO game. There are 12 different cards with call out sheet.
Making new ornaments every year is a must for creating family memories of the season. These Easy Painted Wood Slice Ornaments will match my entirely new tree decor theme this year.
How To Set Up An Easy Christmas Movie Night Snack Bar at home for the family.
Simple Silver and Gold Christmas Tree Decorations on my upstairs tree. I stepped outside of my comfort zone for this one.
You can make this Festive Glittery Pom Pom Cone Christmas Tree like I did with only a few simple craft supplies and your hot glue gun.
Ingredients for Bacon & Swiss Quiche
The ingredients for this quiche recipe are mostly items you probably already have on hand. You will notice I recommend Vidalia onions which is because they are a sweet onion and pair well with eggs.
- All-purpose flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Swiss cheese
- Onion (I recommend Vidalia Onions)
- Cayenne (optional)
Homemade Pie Crust
We make the crust from scratch. Do not be afraid, it’s a simple recipe. This homemade crust has to be refrigerated for a while prior to use so take note of that when planning to make this quiche recipe.
Homemade is always better, don’t you agree! But just so you know, there may have been a time when I used a store bought crust but Shhhh!
Christmas Breakfast Made from scratch!
A favorite recipe for restaurant quality Bacon and Swiss Quiche you can make for special occasions like Christmas morning.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (8 oz)
- 1/3 Cup finely chopped onion (Vidalia sweet recommended)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Additional crisply cooked crumbled bacon, if desired
- In medium bowl, mix flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cut in shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until particles are size of small peas.
- Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost leaves side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons more water can be added if necessary).
- Gather pastry into a ball. Shape into flattened round on lightly floured surface.
- Wrap flattened round of pastry in plastic wrap and refrigerate about 45 minutes or until dough is firm and cold, yet pliable. This allows the shortening to become slightly firm, which helps make the baked pastry more flaky. If refrigerated longer, let pastry soften slightly before rolling.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Roll pastry on lightly floured surface, using floured rolling pin, into circle 2 inches larger than upside-down 9-inch quiche dish or glass pie plate.
- Fold pastry into fourths; place in quiche dish or pie plate. Unfold and ease into dish, pressing firmly against bottom and side.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion in pastry-lined quiche dish.
- In large bowl, beat eggs slightly with fork or wire whisk. Blend in remaining ingredients; bacon, cheese and onions.
- Pour into quiche dish.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Bake about 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the top with additional crumbled bacon if desired.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Oven temperatures vary. Test by inserting a knife in the center to see when it comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Non-slip Silicone Pastry Mat Extra Large with Measurements 28''By 20'' for Silicone Baking Mat, Counter Mat, Dough Rolling Mat,Oven Liner,Fondant/Pie Crust Mat By Folksy Super Kitchen (2028, red)
Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening, 6 Pound
Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper with Bowl Scraper, Stainless Steel (70730)
Glad® Plastic Food Wrap Variety Pack - Press'n Seal® Wrap - FreezerWrap - ClingWrap (Pack of 3)
Joseph Joseph Adjustable Rolling Pin with Removable Rings, 13.6", Multi-color
Fox Run 44513 Removable Bottom Non-Stick Tart and Quiche Pan, 9-Inch Diameter,Loose Bottom Quiche Pan - 9-inch
Now let’s see what the other hosts have shared. I cannot wait to browse these recipes!