Let me help you solve the dilemma of what to cook for supper. These October weekly meal plans are loaded with seven dinner ideas including side dishes and even desserts.
Recipes include Fall comfort foods like; casseroles, soups and Crockpot dishes.
It is time to start thinking about Thanksgiving food. See my Southern Thanksgiving Meal Plan.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
More Meal Plans
About this meal plan
- This menu plan will serve at least four folks. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes. You can always increase the recipe to feed more.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. Leftovers save on the budget because they are great for lunch the next day.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos.
- Recipes in my weekly meal plans are typically not repeated more than once every three months.
Subscribe. Follow. Join.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared in our daily scroll.
- Join this Facebook Group for recipes and other Homemaking ideas from myself and my blogging friends.
October Weekly Meal Plan Week Four
Meal Plan Details
- All recipes are linked at the bottom of this article.
- The grocery list for each of the seven entrées includes the ingredients required for that entrée.
- Scroll all the way down for a list of side dishes for this week and homemade dessert recipes to try this month
- 1 lb. smoked sausage
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (Rotel)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 medium head of cabbage, chopped
- 2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 (15 oz.) can chicken broth
Cornbread goes great with this meal. Grab my homemade cornbread recipe.
- 1 28 oz.. can tomato puree
- 2 14.5 oz. cans of your favorite diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz. can of Black Beans, do not drain
- 1 lb. Ground sausage
- 1 lb. Ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/4 cup Chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Optional: 1 medium onion diced
- 1 hen
- About 7 cups water
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Sage
- 1 pkg. Mary Hill frozen dumplings
No side dish needed for this meal. You have meat and bread in the dumplings. Make a dessert for tonight’s dinner. See the list below.
- 6 Plump Boneless skinless Chicken breast
- 1 (12) Jar Blendabella Rustic Tuscan
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ⅓ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2½ Cups Milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 can of pizza dough
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. pepperoni
- 6 to 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1 tsp. sage
- 2 Cups Crushed Cheez-Its crackers, in flavor of your choice
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Check out the Amazon Fresh Grocery Delivery service
- Cooking spray
- ¾ lb. potatoes
- 1/8 cup half and half
- 1 oz. butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 10.5 oz. can of Homestyle Vegetable Soup
- 1 medium onion chopped (Optional)
- 2 tsp. Crushed Rosemary
This casserole is a complete meal. Serve your favorite dinner rolls on the side.
Scroll down for all of this week’s menu plan recipe links.
October Meal Plan Recipes Week 4
- Cabbage & Sausage Skillet Dinner with Rice recipe
- Crockpot Black Bean Chili recipe
- Chicken and Dumplings Easy Recipe
- Smothered Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Crockpot Deep Dish Pizza Recipe
- Cheez-It Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Easy Veggie Shepard’s Pie Recipe
- Bacon and Swiss Quiche recipe
- Baked Ham and Egg Muffins recipe
- Copycat McDonald’s Biscuits recipe
- Pumpkin Banana Bread recipe
- Grandma’s Secret to Good Grits recipe
- Oatmeal Cream Pie Cupcakes Recipe
- Apple Dump Cake Recipe
- Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- Old Fashioned Three Layer Lemon Cake From Scratch
- Caramel Cake with Caramel Icing Recipe
- Sugar Plum Cupcakes Recipe
- Easy Peach Cobbler recipe (only 3 ingredients)
Desserts To Make At Home
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment. Send me an email at email@example.com