Let me help you solve the dilemma of what to cook for supper. These October weekly meal plans are loaded with seven dinner ideas including side dishes and even desserts.
All of the recipes are included for each dish. This weeks meals include a one dish dinner, a super simple Crockpot recipe, a 30 minute meal, soup night and sandwich night ideas and a unique celebration entree.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
More Meal Plans
- October Meal Plan Week 1
- September Weekly Meal Plan Week 5
- September Meal Plan Week Four
- September Meal Plan Week Three
About this meal plan
- This menu plan will serve at least four folks. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes. You can always increase the recipe to feed more.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. Leftovers save on the budget because they are great for lunch the next day.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos.
- Recipes in my weekly meal plans are typically not repeated more than once every three months.
Subscribe. Follow. Join.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared in our daily scroll.
- Join this Facebook Group for recipes and other Homemaking ideas from myself and my blogging friends.
October Weekly Meal Plan Week Two
Meal Plan Details
- All recipes are linked at the bottom of this article.
- The grocery list for each of the seven entrées includes the ingredients required for that entrée.
- Scroll all the way down for a list of side dishes for this week and homemade dessert recipes to try this month
1. Classic Meatloaf with Saltines
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 25 saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. dry minced onion
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, optional
Green Beans and Mashed potatoes go perfect with meatloaf.
2. Country Style 15 Bean Soup Made From Scratch
- 1 bag (14 oz.) of dried multi-bean soup blend, like this brand on Amazon
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. country style ribs
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped small
- 1 large carrot, chopped small
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped small
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole Bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Herbes de Provence or 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. fresh Basil leaves, chopped
3. Crockpot Beef Tips and Gravy
- 2 lbs. beef tips
- 2 cans beef gravy (13 oz. ea.)
- 1 packet dry beefy onion soup mix (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
4. Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- 1 rotisserie chicken, pulled off the bone and chopped
- 1 Cup sweet seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1 Cup pecans chopped
- ½ cup chopped green onions (optional)
- 3.4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 Cup honey mustard dressing
Sandwich night is a personal favorite of mine. I like to make it simple and serve potato chips and pickles on the side. A great night for dessert!
5 Pan-Seared Grouper With Lemon-Thyme Sauce
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. Grouper fillets or other white fish
Lemon-Thyme Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
6 Zucchini Red Potatoes and Drumsticks Foil Pack Dinner
- 2 Fresh Zucchini
- 1 container of Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Fresh Squash
- 3 Ears of Fresh Corn
- 3 or 4 small Red Potatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 9 chicken drumsticks
- 1 packet of vegetable seasoning mix
Because this is a compete meal, there is no need for side dishes. Serve your favorite dinner rolls.
Check out the Amazon Fresh Grocery Delivery service
7 Faux Prime Rib Dinner
- 1 2lb Eye of Round roast
- Salt & Pepper
- Steak Seasoning of choice
This is a nice meal usually served for Sunday dinner or a celebration. Serve any of these side dish options; Baked Stuffed Potatoes, Pecan Glazed Green beans, Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese, or Roasted Butternut Squash.
Scroll down for all of this week’s menu plan recipe links.
October Meal Plan Recipes Week 2
- Classic Meatloaf with Saltines recipe
- Country Style 15 Bean Soup recipe
- Crockpot Beef Tips and Gravy recipe
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad easy recipe
- Pan Seared Grouper with Lemon Thyme sauce recipe
- Zucchini, Red Potatoes and Drumsticks Foil Pack Dinner recipe
- Faux Prime Rib recipe
- 50 Halloween Desserts Cakes Cookies & Cupcakes
- Lime Poke Cake with Halloween sprinkles recipe
- Monster Rice Krispies Treats
- Ghosts Rice Krispies Treats
- Easy No Bake Sweet & Salty Halloween Dessert Bars
- Bacon and Swiss Quiche recipe
- Baked Ham and Egg Muffins recipe
- Copycat McDonald’s Biscuits recipe
- Pumpkin Banana Bread recipe
- Grandma’s Secret to Good Grits recipe
- Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe
- Caramel Cake with Caramel Icing Recipe
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze recipe
- 14 Layer Chocolate Cake Old Fashioned Recipe
- Easy Peach Cobbler recipe (only 3 ingredients)
Desserts To Make At Home
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment. Send me an email at email@example.com