March Meal Plan Week 2
The Week 2 meal plan for March is loaded with weeknight meal ideas, grocery ingredient lists and side dish ideas plus Spring dessert recipes.
The Week 2 March meal plan, we will be cooking; a hearty 15 Bean soup, a meatless Taco salad, two Crockpot dinners, one of which is deep dish pizza, a Chik fil a copycat recipe and a Shrimp Penne pasta dish.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
About the meal plan
- This meal plan will serve 4. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes.
- It’s a meal plan for one week of dinner ideas.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. This saves on the budget.
- It is understood that you have common ingredients in your pantry such as salt and pepper so those are not included in the ingredient lists.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos. A bag of carrots can be used for multiple dishes in one week to avoid waste.
- There are 7 dinner ideas each week, in no particular order.
- Scroll down for the recipe links.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared daily.
More Meal Plans for winter
- March Meal Plan Week 1
- February Meal Plan Week 4
- February Meal Plan Week 3
- February Meal Plan Week 2
- February Meal Plan Week 1
- 12th, Daylight Savings Time begins (turn the clock back one hour)
- 14th, Pi Day (lots of pie recipes shared just for fun)
- 17th, St. Patrick’s Day
March Meal Plan Week 2
All recipes are linked at the bottom of this article. Side dish suggestions are not required, cook your favorite family sides. The grocery list for each entree includes the ingredients required for that recipe.
1. Lemon Pepper Oven Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
A scrumptious oven roasted chicken recipe surrounded with flavored whole roasted red potatoes. This lemon roast chicken is perfect for weeknight or Sunday dinner.
The potatoes are cooked with the meat. Add your favorite green vegetable like Green beans, Italian beans, or this Old Fashioned Crunchy Pea Salad. A side of Deviled eggs is good with Sunday dinner and you can make them ahead and store in the refrigerator.
- 2 whole lemons
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced ¼” thick
- ¼ Cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. Herbe de Provence or Italian Seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 whole roasting chicken (approximately 4-5 lbs.)
- 4 large rosemary sprigs, torn into smaller pieces, divided
- 1 lbs. baby red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 Tbsp. whole peppercorns
- ½ Cup. chicken broth
2. Country Style 15 Bean Soup
A hearty and healthy, made-from-scratch 15 bean soup recipe loaded with herbs and flavor for rib-sticking deliciousness. Flavored with country style ribs for a nice change of taste. This soup will become a family favorite.
Serve your choice of bread on the side; cornbread, biscuits or rolls.
- 1 bag (14 oz.) of dried multi-bean soup blend, like this brand on Amazon
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. country style ribs
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped small
- 1 large carrot, chopped small
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped small
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole Bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Herbes de Provence or 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. fresh Basil leaves, chopped
Also see; 15 Cooking Herbs You Can Easily Grow At Home
3. Ranch Chicken Sliders (Slow Cooker Recipe)
These Crockpot Ranch Chicken Sliders are a boneless chicken thigh recipe simmered until they are falling apart and infused with a delicious ranch flavor.
Serve chips with your sandwich sliders or make these delicious Homestyle Baked French Fries. My family enjoys this Creamy Cole Slaw as a topping on these sliders. Add a pickle spear and you will think you’re dining in your favorite lunch restaurant.
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 or 2 packs dry Ranch dressing mix
4. Crockpot Deep Dish Pizza
You can make Chicago Style pizza in your Crockpot at home in your own kitchen. An easy easy homemade pizza recipe for an easy weeknight dinner idea.
If you insist on a side dish, I recommend a small garden salad.
- 1 can of pizza dough, found by the canned biscuits
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce or Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. pepperoni
5. Lemon Shrimp Penne Pasta with Broccoli
This Shrimp Penne Pasta is made from scratch. We make this dish with lemony roasted shrimp and vegetables and an optional pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. Everything is doused in a delectable combination of seasoning and spices.
A loaf of Italian bread from the Deli will go great with this pasta dish.
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup. fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 12-oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 1 16-oz. box penne pasta
- 1 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail removed
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon zest, preferably organic
- ½ cup. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, divided
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
6. Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet
Breakfast for supper is always fun and good to eat. This is my copycat recipe for the Chik Fil A hash brown scramble bowl. This meal comes together pretty quick so you can have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes.
This is a complete meal so no side dish is needed. If you simply insist, maybe cook some biscuits and serve them with jelly.
- 16-20 frozen chicken tenders
- 1/2 bag (16 oz.) frozen hash rounds
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Monterry Jack Cheese
7. Meatless Taco Salad
Enjoy a scrumptious meatless meal with this flavor packed Taco Salad served in a Homemade Tortilla Bowl. Fresh vegetables paired with black beans and corn make this dish a favorite.
Make this easy Guacamole to go with your Taco salad and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
- 1 Cup shredded Iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup drained and rinsed Low Sodium Black Beans (canned)
- 1 Cup drained Sweet Corn (canned)
- 8 oz, Sour Cream
- 2 Roma Tomatoes chopped
- 4 Homemade Tortilla Shell Taco Salad Bowls
Scroll down for all of this week’s recipe links.
March Meal Plan Recipes Week 2
- Oven Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Country Style 15 Bean Soup Recipe
- Crockpot Ranch Chicken Sliders recipe
- Crockpot Deep Dish Pizza recipe
- Lemon Shrimp Penne Pasta recipe
- Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet recipe
- Meatless Taco Salad recipe
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment.