February Meal Plan Week 3
The Week 3 February meal plan is loaded with delicious dishes and easy recipes. A grocery list for entrees is included.
In the February meal plan week three we cook a cheesy broccoli, sausage and pasta casserole in the slow cooker, make a meatloaf with homemade brown gravy and cook a Low Country Boil with shrimp to celebrate Mardi Gras at home. Baked Chicken Leg Quarters, Homemade Vegetable Soup, A kick-butt Chef Salad buffet and Grilled Bacon Pimento Cheese sandwiches finish the week off.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
About the meal plan
- This meal plan will serve 4. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes.
- It’s a meal plan for one week of dinner ideas.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. This saves on the budget.
- It is understood that you have common ingredients in your pantry such as salt and pepper so those are not included in the ingredient lists.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos. A bag of carrots can be used for multiple dishes in one week to avoid waste.
- There are 7 dinner ideas each week, in no particular order.
- Scroll down for the recipe links.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared daily.
Weeknight Dinner Ideas
All recipes are linked at the bottom of this article. Side dish suggestions are not required, cook your favorite family sides. The grocery list for each entree includes what is required for that recipe.
More Meal Plans for winter
- February Meal Plan Week 2
- February Meal Plan Week 1
- January Week 1 Meal Plan
- January Week 2 Meal Plan
- January Meal Plan Week 3
- Week 4 January Meal Plan
- January Meal Plan Week 5
Special Days in February
- Super Bowl is Sunday, February 12 (Game day food)
- Valentine’s Day is February 14. (See these Valentine’s ideas)
- Random Acts of Kindness Day is February 17
- Presidents Day is February 20
- Mardi Gras is Tuesday, February 21 (See my Mardi Gras ideas)
- Ash Wednesday is February 22
February Meal Plan Week 3
1. Crockpot Broccoli, Sausage and Pasta Casserole
Broccoli, Sausage, and Pasta pair well for a delicious casserole dinner with melted cheese for creamy deliciousness. The best part for me is that it’s a Crockpot recipe. This one-pot meal is ready to eat in about 2 hours cooking on low in the Slow Cooker.
Serve your favorite rolls or biscuits with this one-pot meal.
- 1 pkg. Smoked Sausage Link’s cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 Can (15 oz.) Diced tomatoes (basil, garlic & oregano)
- 3 Cups shredded sharp cheese
- 1 (13 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 Cup 2% milk
- 1 pkg. (1 lb.) elbow macaroni noodles
2. Meatloaf with Brown Gravy
Meatloaf is a comfort food staple you can eat year-round. My Brown Gravy Meatloaf recipe satisfies two comfort food requirements; a delicious meatloaf and a homemade brown gravy to dip it in.
Either rice or Homemade Mashed Potatoes goes well with meatloaf. Good green vegetables include either Italian beans, green beans or peas and carrots.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 sweet onion, finely diced (optional)
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
For the Gravy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
3. Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
These Baked Chicken Leg Quarters are tender and juicy. Not to mention how easy this entree is to prepare. Simple ingredients baked in the oven.
Another weeknight meal that Homemade Mashed Potatoes and green beans or peas and carrots are the perfect side dishes.
- 4 Fresh Chicken Leg Quarters
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp Sage or Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 stick Butter
4. Low Country Shrimp Boil Recipe
Low Country Shrimp Boil is a delectable one-dish dinner with easy clean-up loaded with flavor. Mardi Gras is this week so this meal is the perfect way to celebrate without going to New Orleans.
No need for side dishes with this meal. All you need is Cocktail Sauce and Tarter Sauce.
- 4 lbs. shrimp peeled and divined
- 5 lbs. small red potatoes, washed Do not cut up.
- 3 (16 oz.) pkgs. smoked sausage
- 1 (12 count pkg.) frozen corn-on-the-cob minis
- 4 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
5. Homemade Vegetable Soup
This easy homemade vegetable soup recipe is a great winter soup. There are only six ingredients so it is budget-friendly. Crockpot and Stovetop directions are both included in the recipe card.
The only side dish you need is a pan of homemade cornbread. If you’d rather have saltine crackers with your soup, that is even better. A simple and easy meal.
Use leftover cornbread to make these cornbread croutons for salad night.
- 4 Cups Chicken broth
- 24 oz. Bag of frozen vegetables (Corn, Green beans & carrots)
- 2 15 oz. Cans of petite diced tomatoes Do not drain.
- 1 lb. Ground turkey Browned and drained.
- 3 Cups Hot water
- 1 tsp. Salt
6. Chef Salad Buffet
You do not need to go out to a restaurant to enjoy a good salad buffet. Here is a long list of delicious salad toppings to include in your Chef Salad buffet at home.
Save portions of meat from meals all week long to go on your salad buffet. Then do this Chef Salad for Saturday or Sunday when you won’t have to put much effort into the meal.
This salad buffet will be quite filling. No side dishes are needed. Treat yourself to dessert.
Grocery List (Your choice of toppings)
- Romaine lettuce
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Boiled eggs
- Deli meats
- Candied Pecans–recipe here
- French Fried Onions
- Nuts; Pecans, Cashews, Pistachios
7. Grilled Bacon Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
Sandwhiches for dinner is always a fun meal. Make these restaurant-style Grilled Bacon Pimento Cheese sandwhices for an easy and quick weeknight dinner.
We are going to make this fun meal even better with either these Chili Cheese Tater Tots or Oven Baked Homestyle Fries.
- Pimento Cheese Spread (Use this recipe if you don’t want store-bought)
- Sandwich bread
- Pepper Jelly
Scroll down for all of this week’s recipe links.
February Meal Plan Recipes Week 3
- Crockpot Broccoli, Sausage and Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Meatloaf with Homemade Brown Gravy Recipe
- Baked Chicken Leg Quarters Recipe
- Low Country Shrimp Boil Recipe
- Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipe
- What To Serve On A Chef Salad Buffet
- Grilled Bacon Pimento Cheese sandwiches
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment.