January Meal Plan Week 4
This January meal plan week 4 will close out menu planning for the month of January. Lots of yummy dinner ideas complete with recipes you can save to use over and over.
This week we’re serving up; Bacon wrapped Pork Loin, serious man food, an easy and delicious dump soup to make in the Slow Cooker, a 30-minute dinner using canned salmon, totally worth the extra trouble and loaded with flavor Chicken Parm recipe, our family favorite meat and potato casserole, homemade chopped steak simple recipe with homemade mushroom gravy, and a fun sheet pan loaded nachos recipe.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
About the meal plan
- This meal plan will serve 4. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes.
- It’s a meal plan for one week of dinner ideas.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. This saves on the budget.
- It is understood that you have common ingredients in your pantry such as salt and pepper so those are not included in the ingredient lists.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos. A bag of carrots can be used for multiple dishes in one week to avoid waste.
- There are 7 dinner ideas each week, in no particular order.
- Scroll down for the recipe links.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared daily.
Weeknight Dinner Ideas
Recipe links are included for each of the entrees, scroll down for the link list. Side dish suggestions are not required, cook your favorite family sides. The grocery list for each entree includes what is required for that recipe.
Also, see the January Week 1 Meal Plan, January Week 2 Meal Plan, and January Meal Plan Week 3 for more dinner ideas.
Valentine’s Day is coming up, see these 15 Fun Meals To Make As A Couple.
Scroll down for recipe links.
January Meal Plan Week 4
1. Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
Brown sugar, bacon, seasonings, and pork loin slow cook for a tender and delicious meal idea.
Rice, mashed potatoes, green beans, peas and carrots, or a side salad.
- One (3 lb.) Pork Tenderloin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 Medium Onion peeled and cut in fourths (optional)
- 6 to 8 slices of thick-cut bacon
2. Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
This dump soup recipe is loaded with flavor and simmers in the Slow Cooker making it an easy weeknight dinner idea.
Our favorite side with Taco Soup is tortilla chips.
- 1 15 oz. can of Black Beans Do not drain
- 1 15 oz. can Whole Kernel Sweet Corn Do not drain
- 1 10.3 oz. can Tomato Soup
- 1 14-15 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 lb. Ground turkey Ground beef would be fine also
- 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
Leftover Taco Soup Idea
Drain all of the juice from any leftover Taco Soup. Make a bed of tortilla chips on a sheet pan. Spoon the taco soup, minus the juice, onto the tortilla chips. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese. Melt the cheese in the oven and enjoy!
3. Thin and Crispy Fried Salmon Patties
My Fried Salmon Patties recipe is thin and crispy not like salmon croquettes. This recipe uses canned salmon and I share my tip for removing the bones.
Rice is a pantry staple that goes with most meals including fried salmon patties. Baked potatoes, your choice of green vegetables, and rolls.
- 1 can (14-15 oz.) Pink Salmon, like this (2 cans for extra servings)
- 1 egg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- About 3 Tbsp. Self-rising flour
- ½ medium onion chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil for frying
4. Chicken Parmigiana made from scratch
This Chicken parm recipe is worth the extra trouble to make from scratch. A perfect restaurant-quality dinner idea for special occasions or just because.
Make a nice salad like this homemade caesar salad recipe. A loaf of Italian bread from the grocery deli and this homemade Italian butter are perfect.
- 3 Cups of your favorite thick tomato sauce, divided
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cups water
- 1½ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1¼ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, divided
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 oz. fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 1 16-oz. box spaghetti
Also, see How To Grow Lettuce Year Round
5. Jazzed Up Meat and Potato Casserole
I took the basic meat and potato casserole and jazzed it up with bacon and french-fried onions. The leftovers are delicious. A family favorite in our home for more than 35 years.
Serve a green vegetable such as peas or Italian beans on the side. Dinner rolls or biscuits go great with this meal.
- 1 lb. Ground turkey or ground beef browned and drained
- 2 Cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 can diced potatoes, drained
- 8-10 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup French fried onions
6. Simple Chopped Steak with Mushroom Gravy
This a simple recipe for homemade chopped steaks. My recipe includes making homemade gravy using the renderings from browning the chopped steaks.
Homemade mashed potatoes or rice go well with this meal so you can enjoy the gravy. Triple Succotash and biscuits go well with this dinner.
- 1 lb. ground beef (preferably ground chuck)
- 1 pkg. dry beefy onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 container sliced Portobello mushrooms, rinsed
7. Sheet Pan Nachos
Sheet Pan Loaded Nachos is one of those versatile recipes you can serve as an appetizer, a meal, or a snack. It’s party food, game day food, or even a Taco Tuesday dish.
No side dish is needed with this fun meal but just for even more yummy fun, try these Chili Cheese Tater Tots. Great game day food.
- PICO DE GALLO INGREDIENTS
- 1-pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- TACO SEASONING INGREDIENTS
- 1 T. ground chili powder
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. ground coriander
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- ¼ t. chipotle powder
- ½ t. black pepper
- ¾ t. salt
- REMAINING INGREDIENTS
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1¼ lbs. ground beef
- 1 large bag (11-14 oz.) tortilla chips
- 1 8-oz. bag 4-cheese Mexican blend, finely shredded
- 2 large green onions, green parts only, sliced thin
- 1 6-oz. can of black olives, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, sliced thin
Use this simple menu plan to make dinner easier at your house. Scroll down for all of this week’s recipe links.
January Meal Plan Recipes Week 4
- Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
- Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
- Southern Fried Thin and Crispy Salmon Patties
- Chicken Parmigiana made from scratch
- Jazzed Up Meat and Potato Casserole Recipe
- Simple Chopped Steak and Mushroom Gravy recipe
- Sheet Pan Nachos
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment.
Southwestern Breakfast Skillet Low Carb Recipe. You can serve this low-carb breakfast skillet meal for brunch or dinner too. Cooked radishes instead of potatoes make this dish keto.
Amish Cinnamon Sweet Bread is good for breakfast or snacks. No starter is needed for this recipe. I have sliced this bread thick and made french toast with it also.
Use your leftover bananas and apples to make these Apple Banana Oat Muffins Easy Recipe. Good for an out-the-door breakfast or snack.
Low-Carb Baked Ham and Egg Muffin Cups recipe. This easy-baked breakfast recipe is a treat any day of the week. Make breakfast for supper.
Dutch Baby Pancake Easy Recipe. An easy recipe for an old classic breakfast or brunch treat, a big fluffy flavor-filled Dutch Baby baked pancake you can top with fresh fruit and syrup. Share, it’s too big for one person.