February is a short month but your February Meal Plan will be loaded with fun foods and easy meal ideas.
The first week of February meal plan we are having baked chicken using cereal for the crust, meatballs you can freeze, an easy homemade pizza, breakfast for dinner, chicken wraps you can make in either the Instant Pot or stovetop and Shrimp Fried Rice.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
About the meal plan
- This meal plan will serve 4. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes.
- It’s a meal plan for one week of dinner ideas.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. This saves on the budget.
- It is understood that you have common ingredients in your pantry such as salt and pepper so those are not included in the ingredient lists.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos. A bag of carrots can be used for multiple dishes in one week to avoid waste.
- There are 7 dinner ideas each week, in no particular order.
- Scroll down for the recipe links.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared daily.
Weeknight Dinner Ideas
All recipes are linked at the bottom of this article. Side dish suggestions are not required, cook your favorite family sides. The grocery list for each entree includes what is required for that recipe.
More Meal Plans for winter
- January Week 1 Meal Plan
- January Week 2 Meal Plan
- January Meal Plan Week 3
- Week 4 January Meal Plan
- January Meal Plan Week 5
Special Days in February
- Super Bowl is Sunday, February 12 (Game day food)
- Valentine’s Day is February 14. (See these Valentine’s ideas)
- Random Acts of Kindness Day is February 17
- Presidents Day is February 20
- Mardi Gras is Tuesday, February 21 (See my Mardi Gras ideas)
- Ash Wednesday is February 22
February Meal Plan Week 1
Got a box of cereal in the cabinet? Crush it up and use it to coat the outside of boneless skinless chicken for a nice flavor. Cheerios Crust Chicken Thighs make a great weeknight entree.
Make oven-roasted potatoes and green beans or your favorite green vegetable as side dishes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (get more if you want 2 each)
- About 1 cup of Cheerios cereal, more if using more thighs
2. White Beans and Ham Soup
You probably have most of the ingredients on hand to make this White Beans and Ham Soup recipe. We use dried Navy Beans making this a budget-friendly meal.
Also see, 15 Recipes Using Dried Beans
Cornbread or crackers of your choice go well with soup. Sandwiches are also a nice side item to serve with soup. Try this Homemade Pimento Cheese recipe. You could make burgers the next day and use pimento cheese as a topping.
- 1 lb diced ham (found in the meat department, pre-packaged)
- 2 cups dried Great Northern White Beans
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 Cups white onion, minced
- 1 (28 oz.) container of Vegetable Broth
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Butter (Stove Top recipe only)
3. Swedish Meatballs
Swedish Meatballs are delicious when served on a bed of cooked egg noodles and garnished with curled leaf parsley.
Serve your favorite dinner rolls. Pear and Cherry Salad goes well as a nice side dish with this meal.
This meatball recipe can be frozen before cooking. I like to double the recipe and freeze a batch for later. Also, leftover meatballs make good Meatball sandwiches.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground mild sausage
- 1 pkg. beefy onion dry soup mix
- 1 cup garlic and herb bread crumbs
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup half-n-half
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. flour
4. Shrimp Fried Rice
Shrimp Fried Rice is an easy stir fry one dish dinner with lots of flavor and a nice change of pace. We love this Yum Yum sauce with our Shrimp Fried Rice.
This is another meal for this week that doesn’t really need a side dish other than your choice of bread.
- 1½ Cups Uncooked White Rice
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 Tbsp. Oil plus 1 additional Tbsp. Oil
- ¼ Cup plus 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas and Carrots, thawed
- 1 lb. Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- ½ Cup Chopped Onion (Optional)
- 1 pkg. Fried Rice Seasoning
5. Southwestern Breakfast Casserole
A southwestern breakfast casserole slow-cooked in the Crockpot with eggs, sausage, southwest spices, peppers, hashbrowns, and cheese. A great breakfast-for-supper recipe.
Toast with jelly or biscuits is the perfect bread option ideas for this casserole. Make this No Bake Tripe Berry Cheesecake Parfait for a nice fruity dessert.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 16 oz. ground sausage (mild or hot as you prefer)
- 1 (20-oz.) bag of shredded hash browns
- 1 packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, finely shredded
- Chopped green scallions, optional for garnish
- additional chopped red bell pepper, optional for garnish
- chopped fresh cilantro, optional for garnish
6. Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps Instant Pot® Or Skillet Easy Recipe
Make these Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps either in your skillet of using the Instant Pot® for the chicken. Both recipes included. A nice change from the regular sandwich. Loaded with flavor and fun to eat.
This is the day we get to have potato chips with our evening meal. Everyone loves those days.
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 8-inch tortilla wraps
- 1 Cup baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp. ranch dressing, preferably thick
7. Homemade Three Meat Pizza
The good thing about making your own pizza at home is that you can pick the toppings you love the most and control how many are added. This Homemade 3 Meat Pizza is quick and easy.
A small garden salad is the perfect side dish for pizza.
- 1 (15 oz.) Jar Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 pre-made Pizza crust
- 2 Roma Tomatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb. pkg. Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb. ground turkey, browned and drained
- 8 oz. pkg. pre-cooked diced ham
- 12 oz. pkg. microwave bacon, cooked and chopped
- 16 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
Scroll down for all of this week’s recipe links.
February Meal Plan Recipes Week 1
- Cheerios Crusted Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
- White Beans and Ham Soup Recipe
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
- Southwestern Breakfast Casserole Slow Cooker Recipe
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps Instant Pot® Or Skillet Easy Recipe
- Homemade Three Meat Pizza
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment.
Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls With Cream Cheese Icing. These delicious red velvet cinnamon rolls are made from scratch and are totally worth the extra effort.
Soft and Chewy Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies. Only 5 ingredients in this quick and easy cake mix cookie recipe.
Easy Mardi Gras King Cake Recipe With Cinnamon Rolls. Celebrate Mardi Gras with this easy Cinnamon Roll King Cake you can whip up in no time. Make two because it vanishes quickly!
Easy Oreo Truffles recipe. This simple 3 ingredient recipe for Oreo Truffles is a no-bake dessert that can be decorated for all special occasions or holidays.
Chocolate Pound Cake easy recipe. Chocolate desserts are the answer to a whole lot of life’s problems. It may not solve the problem but it at least helps you feel a little bit better.