Let’s begin the outdoor fun season with a Summer Salads Linky Party!
We are excited to finally be getting into the Summer Salads Season! School is ending soon, Memorial Day is almost here, we are getting into the spirit of the summer fun season! Bloggers know how to party and we think this is the perfect reason and time to have a Summer Salads Party!
Our Summer Salads Linky Party is the perfect place for you to find some new salad ideas, and share yours too!
Meet the Hosts
We love a good party! Don’t you! We’d love for you to follow our Hosts on your favorite social media so you’ll know when we are partying again!
Broccoli, Bacon & Raisin Salad
My Broccoli, Bacon & Raisin Salad recipe is a time tested family favorite with only 5 ingredients.
- 1 bunch of broccoli
- 6 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion cut into thin pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup pecan halves
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- ¾ Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- Mix dressing ingredients well and set aside.
- Cut the broccoli into little bite sized pieces. (Be sure to always wash and drain the broccoli)
- After cooking the bacon, drain on paper toweling and crumble. I put mine in the mini-food processor.
- Toss all ingredients into a large salad serving bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well to cover.
- Make your salad a few hours in advance and refrigerate to allow the flavors to marinade.
- Serve and enjoy.
5 easy to prepare ingredients! I like easy, don’t you!
- Broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- Bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- Chopped Pecans
- Onions, cut into small pieces (Red are good in this salad but I used Vidalia onions during Vidalia onion season)
Toss all of the prepared ingredients into your salad serving bowl. Pour the dressing over and mix well. Refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to marinade. You can prepare this salad a day in advance.
Broccoli Salad Dressing
This is the simple, easy recipe I use for my salad but you can use any dressing you prefer.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
Mix all ingredients well and pour over salad.
Have fun serving your salad at summer get-together’s! I used a small jelly jar and a summer themed coffee mug to serve mine!
Make your salad several hours in advance and refrigerate to allow the flavors to marinade.
One of the most popular recipes on my blog has been my Sweet & Salty Strawberry Watermelon Salad. Please be sure to stop by for that recipe before you leave and check out the Summer Salad Series from 2014.
You may also enjoy my Summer Salads Pinterest board which currently has more than 300 recipes and growing.
Follow intelligent domestications’s board Summer Salads on Pinterest. _______________________________________________________________________________________________ Let’s party, pour yourself a tall glass of your favorite party beverage and stay as long as you like! Link up as many as you like. Be sure to visit around and find a new recipe for your family to enjoy. Don’t forget to Pin, Tweet, Stumble or otherwise share the party and your favorite links! Link all things salad; recipes for salads and dressings, sandwich salads, fruit or vegetable salads, cold or hot salads. At the risk of sounding a little like Bubba Gump we really mean all things salad, you get the idea. Link as many as you like but be sure to visit others and share those that you like.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Americana Mason Jar Lid Coasters - March 23, 2017
- WWE Party with Pun Name Food - March 21, 2017
- Eight Furniture Makeovers You Can Do & Merry Monday Link Party #146 - March 19, 2017