My Deviled Eggs Recipe is age old and has always been a family favorite. You know how each family cook is always expected to bring their best dishes to family functions? This Deviled Eggs Recipe has been one of my most requested dishes for as many years as I can remember, especially at Thanksgiving and Easter.
Even though I learned to make deviled eggs from my mother, I perfected my recipe while working as a restaurant manager for a local soul food restaurant. We had the very best cooks in our kitchen. Everything was made from scratch. We had a sweet mature lady who came in early every morning to prep the fresh vegetables. She would cut up rutabagas like a pro and share wisdom in the process. I learned a few kitchen secrets during those years including adding that pinch of sugar to my deviled eggs recipe.
- 1 dozen boiled eggs
- ¼ finely chopped fresh celery
- 1 (2oz.) jar pimento, drained
- About ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- About ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 pinch of sugar
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. White pepper
- Sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Cut the boiled eggs in half and scoop out the yolk.
- Mash the yolks until smooth. (the small food chopper is perfect for this)
- Add all remaining ingredients, except paprika, into the mashed yolks and stir well.
- Spoon or pipe your deviled egg mixture into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Garnish as desired. I used the greens from the celery stalk.
- Serve and enjoy!
- (The amount of wet ingredients, pickle relish, mustard and mayo will be subjective to the amount of yolk your dozen eggs produced, adjust accordingly.)
Deviled Eggs are one of those awesome dishes you can make a day ahead! Store them covered in the refrigerator. They will all disappear once the dinner begins!
Stop by and check my tutorial for making Pastel Rainbow Deviled Eggs for your Easter celebration.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Breakfast In Minutes Jimmy Dean Simple Scrambles® - February 20, 2018
- Easy Ribbon Bookmarks - February 20, 2018
- 12 Scrumptious Comfort Food Recipes To Save & Try (Merry Monday 192) - February 18, 2018