Basil Grilled Tomatoes are such a simple side dish I hate to even call it a recipe!
Tomatoes are a versatile summer treat fresh from the garden! Of course you can buy tomatoes in your produce department year round but those fresh from the back yard garden or the summer Farmer’s Market just taste better!
Grilling tomatoes brings out the flavor in them. I find it much easier to use my Stove top Griddle for this purpose. Just be sure to spray it first with non-stick spray for easy clean up.
Also See: Stove Top Grilled Cabbage Steaks
There is something delicious about the combination of Basil and Tomato! Growing your own Basil, then drying it and crushing it may be a process but when you top these tomatoes with your own crushed Basil, you’ll taste why you went to all that work! You can sprinkle crushed basil from a store bought shaker too! That’ll work!
Also See: Distressed Clay Pots for Growing Herbs
Basil Grilled Tomatoes are good with or without cheese. We have come to love our basil grilled tomatoes even better with melted Provolone. I have made this with sliced or shredded provolone and either way is fine.
The trick for making the sliced cheese fit the tomato is to cut it with a the rim of a small glass. Find a glass about the size of your tomato. Of course I still place the edges of the cheese on too, can’t waste good cheese!
Basil Grilled Tomatoes pair well as a side dish with most summer meals. They are great with our Glazed Green Beans!
Scroll down for printable recipe.
- Dried Basil
- Slice your tomatoes thick.
- Spray the griddle with non-stick spray.
- Place your tomato slices onto the griddle.
- Sprinkle each slice with your desired amount of dried Basil.
- Cook about 3 or 4 minutes until nice and hot.
- If desired, top with y our favorite type of cheese and allow it to melt.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Even More Ways To Enjoy Summer Fresh Food
- Honey Sweet Peach Mango Salsa
- Creamy Corn Chowder with Potatoes & Ham
- Watermelon Blueberry Summer Salad
- 7 Veggie Recipe Ideas for Weeknight Dinner
- Year-Round Indoor Salad Gardening: How to Grow Nutrient-Dense, Soil-Sprouted Greens in Less Than 10 days: Book Review - April 12, 2021
- Ultimate Easter Magic Cookie Bars Recipe - March 31, 2021
- Classic Homemade Hash Browns Easy Recipe - March 29, 2021