Southern Pear & Cherry Salad is not only one of the prettiest dishes you will ever place on your dinner table but one of the most yummy too. Don’t wait for a special occasion to make this dish, it’s perfect for weeknight meals.
It’s almost unreasonable to even refer to the instructions as a recipe but alas, we must. I wish I could share with you the first time I ever enjoyed a Southern Pear & Cherry Salad but we’ve been eating them for so long, I simply don’t remember.
When I make this fruit salad for a weeknight dinner, I don’t worry about placing the pears onto a bed of lettuce. However any self respecting southern cook taking this dish to an event wouldn’t dare forget that bed of lettuce! We also use only Duke’s mayonnaise.
This is what happens when I make an executive decision to have a bowl of pear salad for lunch but only have 3 maraschino cherries left in the jar. I don’t let that stop me. I toss raisins on top and make no effort whatsoever to keep the mayo exactly on top of each pear half.
A bowl of Southern Pear & Cherry Salad for lunch is a healthy lunch, right?
A quick and easy Fruit Salad to serve for lunch or special occasions. Perfect Brunch recipe.
- 1 (15 oz.) can of pear halves
- ½ Cup sharp shredded cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Maraschino cherries
- Use cottage cheese instead of mayonnaise
- Drain juice from pear halves and place onto a serving plate.
- Place a dollop of mayonnaise onto each pear half.
- Sprinkle with sharp fine shredded cheese.
- Top with one maraschino cherry.
- Serve and enjoy.
Serving Size2 pears
Amount Per Serving Calories 347Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 34mgSodium 403mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 2gSugar 16gProtein 9g
Nutrition values are not accurate and depend on actual ingredients and amount of ingredients used.
- Vanilla Milkshake with Sprinkles Best Ever Summer Dessert - June 26, 2020
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe - June 22, 2020
- 4th of July Party Ideas-Summer Food, Decor & Games - June 15, 2020