Yay for summer salads, right! Serve this Sweet & Salty Strawberry Watermelon Salad to your family and friends and you will become one of the fond memories of this summer!
Stop by the Summer Salad Series for many summer salad ideas for your weeknight and entertaining menus.
Cookware and serving dishes often have stories to tell, don’t they. My serving dish for this watermelon salad is one of five in a set called Country Kids Collectors Recipe Plates sold by Watkins products back in the 1980’s. There is a recipe on the back for Strawberry Pie.
Sweet & Salty Strawberry Watermelon Salad
- 2-3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup crumbles feta cheese
- 1-2 cups iceberg lettuce cut into chunks
- 5-6 fresh strawberries sliced thin
- ½ to 1 cup Sweet & Salty Pecans (find recipe at www.intelligentdomestications.com)
- Layer the ingredients into your serving platter beginning with the lettuce.
- Top the lettuce with the watermelon, then strawberries, onions and cheese.
- Top with the feta.
- Drizzle with your favorite fruity vinaigrette dressing, I use Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Expect your guests to ask for seconds!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click the link and make a purchase, we get paid!, Yay! Please see our Disclosure policy.
We party with these blogs.
More summer fun ideas from our site
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Free Summer Reading Programs - May 21, 2018
- DIY Outdoor Living Projects People Will Talk About (Merry Monday 205) - May 20, 2018
- Crockpot Lemon Pepper Wings - May 17, 2018