Serve this Sweet & Salty Strawberry Watermelon Salad to your family and friends and you will become one of the fond memories of this summer!
Cookware and serving dishes often have stories to tell, don’t they! My serving dish for this watermelon salad is one of five in a set called Country Kids Collectors Recipe Plates sold by Watkins products back in the 1980’s. There is a recipe on the back of each plate.
See my Famous Homemade Chicken Pot Pie recipe also baked and served in this dish.
Scroll down for the Strawberry Watermelon Salad recipe.
Sweet & Salty Strawberry Watermelon Salad
Scroll down to print of download the recipe!
- 2-3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup crumbles feta cheese
- 1-2 cups iceberg lettuce cut into chunks
- 5-6 fresh strawberries sliced thin
- ½ to 1 cup Sweet & Salty Pecans (find recipe at www.intelligentdomestications.com)
- Layer the ingredients into your serving platter beginning with the lettuce.
- Top the lettuce with the watermelon, then strawberries, onions and cheese.
- Top with the feta.
- Drizzle with your favorite fruity vinaigrette dressing, I use Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Expect your guests to ask for seconds!
- 35 More Men’s Stocking Stuffer Ideas They Will Actually Enjoy - October 21, 2020
- 15 Most Popular Gifts For Women This Year - October 19, 2020
- 21 Crazy Easy Beginner Cricut Projects for You To Try - October 16, 2020