Marinade is a great way to enhance the flavor of meat. Our 5 Ingredient Steak Marinade recipe will bring out the flavor in your steaks this grilling season!
It is no secret how much we Americans love our steak! We have entire restaurant chains devoted to bringing us a big thick juicy steak just the way we like it! They use all sorts of seasoning and marinade tricks to bring you their best flavor! You can make your home cooked steak taste like restaurant quality with our marinade recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure policy.
Steak marinade doesn’t have to be complicated which is why I only use 5 ingredients including; soy sauce, worcestershire, honey, instant coffee and season salt. Yes, instant coffee is a great addition to not only marinade but rub recipes too! Be sure to always use instant though because it will dissolve. You don’t want a grit in your marinade or rub.
I love using my Tupperware Meat Marinating container. When it is time to turn the meat, I just flip the container over! You can actually find these on Amazon now at this link. (affiliate) Tupperware products last forever and I just love them!
We always enjoy using our indoor electric grill. We found ours at a yard sale quite a few years ago for only $4! You can’t beat that but I have found some nice new ones on Amazon and I have my eye on this one.
I always line the drip pan with foil for easy clean up. The indoor grill is great to use on a rainy day or for us here in the humid deep south, when it is entirely too hot to consider going outside.
How do you like your steak?
These are cooked medium well with a little charring on the outside. Generally I grill mushrooms and onions when we have steak. My hubby thinks I like a little piece of steak with my mushrooms and onions! You may enjoy one of these two Vidalia Onion recipes I shared a while back.
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Instant Coffee
- 1 tsp. Season Salt
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds or just long enough to dissolve the instant coffee.
- Stir well.
- Pour into your marinade dish or bag, whichever you prefer.
- Add meat.
- Refrigerate for up to 4 hours, turning often.
- Remove steaks from marinade and cook either on the grill or stove, whichever you prefer.
- Dispose of leftover marinade.
We party with these blogging friends.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 12 Things To Know Before Visiting A Corn Maze Plus Our Big Georgia List - September 22, 2017
- Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe - September 21, 2017
- How To Cook Boiled Peanuts - September 20, 2017