Easy recipes are always great to have in your personal cookbook. This one is a classic Pork Butt BBQ favored for many years here in the south and a must have for summer soiree’s!
Have you seen our 3 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Wings recipe? Oh yes, it’s only 3 ingredients of finger licking goodness and another Crockpot recipe to keep forever!
We are celebrating BBQ Week here on the blog by sharing recipes to make your BBQ Season more fun! Be sure to make your way down to the bottom so you can check out even more BBQ recipe ideas from a few of my foodie blogging friends.
Here in the south we take our BBQ very serious. If you say you’re going to have BBQ, it is understood that you mean shredded or pulled slow cooked to perfection then topped with your favorite BBQ sauce. Some folks like it plain, no sauce and that is okay too.
BUNS OR NO BUNS
Most often BBQ is served with buns such as burger buns but occasionally someone, like me, will enjoy it without the bread. Personally I like to mix the slaw with the meat.
SIDE DISHES TO SERVE WITH BBQ
Slaw is the number one side dish we serve with BBQ.
MOST POPULAR SIDE DISHES SERVED WITH BBQ
- Cole Slaw
- Baked Beans
- Potato Chips
- French Fries
- Pickle Spears
SLOW COOKED AND FORK TENDER
Slow Cooker BBQ is fork tender, juicy and full of flavor. My recipe is also super easy with few ingredients.
Just get your pork into the Crockpot early in the morning and serve it that evening or let it slow cook over night for the next day. 8 to 10 hours in the Crockpot will make the meat delicious and fork tender.
Personally I think slow cooked pulled pork is more tender and juicy than Smoked. That being said, smoked meat is crazy delicious and we do both!
We recently helped our daughter move into her new home. There were a whole lot of folks to feed on moving day so I volunteered to cook. My secret was to slow cook a pork butt overnight for BBQ the next day. Easy meal. I made plenty of Cole Slaw and provided chips and buns. It was a really easy meal to prepare and serve on moving day.
MAKE IT JUICY
So here’s the trick to keeping your BBQ Pulled Pork juicy. You are going to add some of the juice from the Crockpot back into the meat. Here’s how.
Scoop out about a cup full of the juice into a glass bowl or measuring cup. Set it in the freezer just long enough for the fat to rise to the top. Skim off the fat. Now heat the remaining juice in the microwave for a few seconds then pour over the shredded meat and blend it in using tongs or forks.
This will make your BBQ pulled pork juicy and full of flavor too!
This Crock pot pulled pork for BBQ recipe is super easy with only a few ingredients. Put it in the slow cooker and forget it for hours.This is a must have easy recipe to feed a crowd when you are entertaining. #bbqpork #slowcookerpork #porkbutt
- 1 Pork Butt (6-8 lbs.) [bone-in or boneless, either will work]
- 1 Can Soda of your choice (Coke or Sprite will work)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Place the Pork Butt into the Crockpot and turn the temperature onto the lowest setting, about 8 to 10 hours.
Sprinkle the meat with Salt and Pepper.
Pour the can of soda into the Crockpot.
Place the lid on the Crockpot and cook 8 to 10 hours.
The meat will be falling apart when done. Use a large slotted spoon to remove the meat from the Crockpot into a large pan for shredding.
Shred the meat using two forks or pull apart using your hands.
Scoop about a 1/2 cup of the juice from the Crockpot onto the meat and stir to blend. This will keep the meat nice and juicy.
Pour your favorite BBQ sauce over the meat and stir.
Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 27Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 5mgSodium 25mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is estimated and may not be exact based on uncontrolled variables in home kitchens used by each individual cook.
Monday #BBQWeek Recipes
- Amazing Foil Packets On The Grill With Steak And Potatoes by Our Crafty Mom
- Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts by Sweet Beginnings
- Cherry Lime Margarita by Family Around the Table
- DIY Marzetti’s Slaw Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Butt Pulled Pork by Intelligent Domestications
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pulled Pork by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Calico Baked Beans by Blogghetti
- Smoked BBQ Brisket by The Spiffy Cookie
- Smoked Pork Butt Tacos by Our Good Life
- Southwestern Mini Grilled Pork Sandwiches by The Freshman Cook
- Sweet Chili-Lime Grilled Chicken by Making Miracles
- Winey Burgers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- 3 Reasons To Grow A Salad Bowl Garden - April 13, 2021
- Year-Round Indoor Salad Gardening: How to Grow Nutrient-Dense, Soil-Sprouted Greens in Less Than 10 days: Book Review - April 12, 2021
- Ultimate Easter Magic Cookie Bars Recipe - March 31, 2021