Hello August meal plan. I am ready for one more month of lighter weeknight meals and getting ready for back to school.
Monthly meal planning for August includes a good variety of dinner ideas using family favorites. I have included some Meatless Monday and Taco Tuesday options along with Slow Cooker meals and some desserts too.
This article contains affiliate links.
I decided to switch back to monthly meal plans rather than the weekly meal planner as we approach back to school time. It’s just easier to plan a month of meals in advance once the kids also have a busy schedule.
How to use our Meal Plan
See the recipe
Almost all meals have the recipe attached. Print your favorite recipes and add them to your meal plan binder.
Meal Plan Weekly Notes
Suggestions, tips and creative ways to make the most of the meal plan for each week.
Save to Pinterest
Pin the Meal Plan to your Pinterest for future reference. That helps both you and me. Pins help my blog and I appreciate you sharing.
Follow my Meal Plan Board on Pinterest for more Meal Planning ideas year round and for special occasions.
Make a Meal Plan Binder
Hang onto your printed recipes and create a binder with them as you build a year of meal plans to make your life in the kitchen easier. You will always want to add more recipes as you come across good one’s for your family. Your meal plan binder will become your secret weapon to managing your grocery budget and making grocery shopping easier.
WEEK ONE AUGUST MEAL PLANNING
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Smothered Meatloaf with green beans
- Beef and Bean Burritos with Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salad
- Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage one pot meal
- BLT’s with Chips
- Easy Chicken Marsala with Homemade Mashed potatoes
- Manwich Sloppy Joes and Oven Baked Homestyle Fries
- Roasted Broccoli Salad with Homemade yogurt dressing
- Also, make some of this delicious Pecan Zucchini Bread while Zucchini are in season
WEEK ONE MEAL PLAN NOTES
If you have leftover Meatloaf, make meatloaf sandwiches for lunch the next day.
Visit your local Farmer’s market for locally grown tomatoes for BLT night.
Just add browned ground beef or turkey to Manwich for a quick and easy meal.
I like to make Broccoli Salad on the weekend so it can be eaten all weekend long.
- Farm fresh Vegetables. Meat Optional. Basil Grilled Tomatoes. Mom’s Squash Casserole. Glazed Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco and Rice >>Please give a LIKE on the Facebook link above when you grab the recipe
- Mexican 3 Meat House Special copycat recipe with these Tortilla chips
- Air Fryer Cheesy Chicken Tenders. Oven version here. Sides; Macaroni & cheese or Cole Slaw
- Grilled Peanut Butter and jelly sandwiches, YES! Grilled! It’s fun. Chips on the side
- Cabbage Soup with Homemade Cornbread or Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Grilled cheese sandwiches with Campbells Tomato soup
WEEK TWO MEAL PLAN NOTES
Local farms sell fresh harvest fruits and vegetables at your Farmer’s market. Get your vine ripe tomatoes and squash from them and you will be supporting local farmers.
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco and Rice is a viral recipe I shared on my Facebook page. Likes on that post are much appreciated. Click the link in the post for the recipe.
These are our favorite brand of Tortilla chips because they are thin and crispy
Our Grilled PBJ recipe is part of a Date Night at Home article so there is a fun idea included.
You can buy Jiffy Corn Muffin mix in bulk on Amazon as well as Campbell’s tomato soup.
WEEK THREE AUGUST MONTHLY MEAL PLAN
- Meatless Monday. Broccoli Bowtie Pasta Dish served with crackers
- Crockpot Black Bean Taco Soup with Tortilla chips
- Baked Chicken Leg Quarters with Lima Beans and Macaroni and Cheese
- Fried Salmon Patties with rice
- Grilled Pork Chops with Homemade Peach Mango Salsa and corn on the cob
- Grilled Hot Dogs with chips
- Chef Salad. Fresh veggies and a long list of possible ingredients you can choose
WEEK THREE MEAL PLAN NOTES
Broccoli Bowtie Pasta is delicious when you allow it to sit in the fridge and marinate a few hours prior to serving.
Sometimes I make grilled cheese or pimento cheese sandwiches to go with Taco soup.
You can serve your family’s favorite side dishes with Baked Chicken. My baked chicken recipe is a winner. Print it.
WEEK FOUR AUGUST MEAL PLANNING
- Easy Swedish Meatballs with deli bread and Homemade Italian butter
- Meatless Taco Salad for Taco Tuesday. Make your own Tortilla Taco Salad Bowls
- Crockpot Maple Beans and Franks
- Easy Rotisserie and Brie Chicken Sandwich with Homemade Savory Peach Spread
- Crockpot Lemon Pepper Wings with BBQ Baked Beans
- Cheesy Baked Crusted Tilapia with California vegetables
- Breakfast for supper. It’s always good!
- Stove Grilled Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Cornbread
- Spaghetti. I love this easy meal. No recipe needed. I cheat with boxed from my local grocery store
- Simple Chopped Steak with Mushroom Gravy. Mashed potatoes or rice go well with this dish
WEEK FOUR MEAL PLAN NOTES
In honor of the return of College Football, I have included our Maple Beans and Franks recipe which is part of a Homegating party posts loaded with football party ideas.
This week you’ll want to add some fresh peaches to your Farmer’s market grocery list. Peach spread is optional on the sandwich but it sure is good and you’ll be able to use it for toast too if you like.
Make this Southern Brewed Ginger Peach Sweet Iced Tea this week.
Cinnamon Baked Peaches, easy and scrumptious dessert recipe using fresh peaches
Biscuit donuts dipped in powdered sugar and cinnamon sugar. Quick and easy.
Classic Watergate Salad. It’s really not a salad, it’s a no-bake super easy dessert.
Homemade Lemonade for lazy cooks. No simple syrup involved.
How To Make A Coke Float. This super easy recipe is in a Date night at home post.
Watermelon Mint Lemonade. It’s watermelon season too y’all!
There ya have it. A whole month of meals planned for you including links to the recipes for most. Now you can spend less time worrying about what’s for dinner. We know you have a busy day ahead.
You can expect to see my new monthly meal plan published at the beginning of the month or close to the end of the month for the next month so you can start planning.