Just like many of you, we enjoy a good baked crusted Tilapia dinner sometimes. My recipe for Cheesy Baked Crusted Tilapia has only 7 ingredients with lots of flavor!
It is always nice to find a ‘new’ recipe to jazz up baked fish! One of my favorite things to do in the kitchen is create recipes or adapt them to my families tastes.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
I came across a recipe for Cheese Doodle Crusted Tilapia and knew I had to adapt it for our tastes. They suggest frying the fish, we choose to bake it. Some of our preferred spices are also different. You can play with the recipe and personalize it for your family as well.
I generally serve California vegetables or homemade mashed potatoes with our baked fish dinners. This time, my hubby wanted to try a frozen broccoli and pepper mixture.
Do you own one of those little food choppers in the picture? (affiliate link) It is without a doubt the most handy tool in my kitchen. I have 2 of them because let’s face it, sometimes we get carried away in the kitchen.
Cheesy Baked Crusted Tilapia
- ½ Cup self-rising flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 Cups Cheese Doodles or Cheese Puffs finely crushed
- 1 Cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- Beat the eggs in a bowl for dipping the fish.
- Place the flour in a pan for coating the fish.
- Mix together the crushed cheese doodles, bread crumbs and spices and place in a separate pan for coating.
- Dip each piece of fish into the egg, then the flour and then the cheese doodle mixture.Place on a baking pan and cook in preheated oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until flaky.
I’m a big fan of recipes with lots of flavor and few ingredients. Are you? I also like the idea of cook once, eat twice. Those are the kinds of recipes I like to share.
More from our site