March Meal Plan Week 3
The Week 3 meal plan for March is complete with weeknight meal ideas, grocery ingredient lists and side dish ideas. Meal planning is the best way to manage your grocery budget.
This family dinner meal plan includes 7 main dish recipe ideas complete with the grocery list to make them and side dish suggestions. Scroll all the way down for a list of desserts to make at home.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
Table of Contents
- More Meal Plans for winter
- About the meal plan
March Meal Plan Week 3
- 1. Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 2. Sausage and Veggies Sheet Pan Meal
- 3. Grilled Herb-Rubbed Pork Chops
- 4. Stovetop Grilled Easy Chicken Parmigiana
- 5. Minestrone Soup Gluten Free Version with Quinoa and White Beans
- 6. Homemade Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
- 7. Easy Homemade Three Meat Pizza
- Special Days in March
- March Meal Plan Recipes Week 3
- Your thoughts?
- Desserts To Make At Home
More Meal Plans for winter
- March Meal Plan Week 2
- March Meal Plan Week 1
- February Meal Plan Week 4
- February Meal Plan Week 3
- February Meal Plan Week 2
- February Meal Plan Week 1
About the meal plan
- This meal plan will serve 4. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes.
- It’s a meal plan for one week of dinner ideas.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. This saves on the budget.
- It is understood that you have common ingredients in your pantry such as salt and pepper so those are not included in the ingredient lists.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos. A bag of carrots can be used for multiple dishes in one week to avoid waste.
- There are 7 dinner ideas each week, in no particular order.
- Scroll down for the recipe links.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared daily.
March Meal Plan Week 3
All recipes are linked at the bottom of this article. Side dish suggestions are not required, cook your favorite family sides. The grocery list for each entrée includes the ingredients required for that recipe.
1. Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage
This Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe is a one-pot meal with only 6 ingredients. It’s an easy Crockpot recipe that makes a hearty one-pot meal. Popularly cooked for St. Patrick’s Day but great any time.
FYI, Corned Beef will be reduced at the grocery store the day after St. Patrick’s day. Grab a couple and freeze them for later.
Your side dishes are part of the recipe; cabbage, carrots and potatoes.
- 1 corned beef brisket about 4 pounds
- 3 medium russet potatoes peeled and cut
- 4 carrots sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 head cabbage chopped or cut into wedges
- Salt & Pepper to taste
2. Sausage and Veggies Sheet Pan Meal
Make this simple and easy Sausage and Veggies Sheet Pan meal for a quick and tasty dinner any day of the week. Chopped Smoked sausage with Yams, Red onions and Sunchokes creates a fiber rich and tastefully delicious weeknight meal. The best part is the easy clean-up.
One of the great things about a sheet pan dinner is that it is a complete meal. No side dishes to cook. Serve your choice of bread on the side; cornbread, biscuits or rolls.
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp crushed Thyme
- 2-3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Large Yam
- About 2 lbs. Sunchokes
- 1 Med. Red Onion
- 2 lbs. Smoked Sausage
3. Grilled Herb-Rubbed Pork Chops
These Herb-Rubbed Pork Chops are smothered in fresh herbs and cooked until tender and juicy. Cook your bone-in pork chops on the grill or in a skillet on the stovetop. Ready to eat in about 20 minutes.
Use a stovetop griddle like this to cook these pork chops if you don’t want to grill outside.
Let’s have easy side dishes to compliment those juicy pork chops. Basil Grilled Tomatoes so you get more fresh herbs and canned Italian beans are great side dishes for this meal.
- 4 thick-cut bone-in pork chops, about 1” thick
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 6-8 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 stems fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stems and crushed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, crushed with fingers
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Sea salt
Also see; 15 Cooking Herbs You Can Easily Grow At Home
4. Stovetop Grilled Easy Chicken Parmigiana
This simple and easy recipe for Chicken Parm is easy on the budget and a nice treat for a weeknight meal. There are only six simple ingredients to this home cooked Italian dinner. You do not need major cooking skills to make Chicken parm. This recipe is proof.
Make this copycat Olive Garden Salad recipe and serve breadsticks from the frozen food section. Whip up this easy recipe for Italian Butter to dip the breadsticks in and you have a restaurant quality dinner in no time on a budget.
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Jar Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic sauce
- 2 packs of dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 Cup Italian dressing
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 12 oz. Linguine noodles, cooked and drained.
5. Minestrone Soup Gluten Free Version with Quinoa and White Beans
A classic Minestrone soup recipe that has been adapted with white beans and quinoa for a gluten-free diet. Soup made from scratch is the best. A great late winter recipe.
This hearty soup recipe pairs well with our Classic Caesar Salad with homemade croutons and made-from-scratch Caesar dressing.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 6 Cups. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 14-oz. can crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 14-oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ Cup white quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 large bay leaves
- 3” chunk Parmesan cheese rind
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 Cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ Cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 oz. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
6. Homemade Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
Make this Southern sandwich spread without ever turning on the stove. A blend of cheeses flavored filled with flavor and made creamy with mayonnaise. No cream cheese in this recipe.
Use Pimento cheese as a topping for burgers and hotdogs too.
Serve your family’s favorite potato chips on the side with a pickle spear. This is a good day to make one of the easy dessert recipes listed below.
- 1½ cups mayonnaise (Duke’s)
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese,shredded
- 1 (8-oz.) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
7. Easy Homemade Three Meat Pizza
This Homemade Three Meat Pizza comes together in minutes and is ready to eat in under an hour. We used fresh mushrooms and Roma tomatoes for that extra burst of favor.
Pizza night means no need to cook side dishes. However, if you have more potato chips left over from sandwich night, serve those. You could also make a small side salad.
- 1 (15 oz.) Jar Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 pre-made Pizza crust
- 2 Roma Tomatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb. pkg. Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb. ground turkey, browned and drained
- 8 oz. pkg. pre-cooked diced ham
- 12 oz. pkg. microwave bacon, cooked and chopped
- 16 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
Scroll down for all of this week’s recipe links.
Special Days in March
- 12th, Daylight Savings Time begins (turn the clock back one hour)
- 14th, Pi Day (lots of pie recipes shared just for fun)
- 17th, St. Patrick’s Day
March Meal Plan Recipes Week 3
- Herb Rubbed Pork Chops recipe
- Sausage and Veggies Sheet Pan Meal recipe
- Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe
- Stovetop Grilled Easy Chicken Parm recipe
- Minestrone Soup Recipe, Gluten-free version
- Homemade Pimento Cheese recipe
- Easy Homemade Three Meat Pizza
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment.