May Meal Plan Week 4
Take the stress out of weeknight dinners. Use this free weekly meal plan complete with recipes and the grocery list for each entrée.
Also, visit our Meal Plans page for more year-round meal-planning ideas. Meal Planning is one great way to save on the grocery budget.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
Occasions to celebrate in May and we like to celebrate with special recipes.
- 4th- Star Wars Day
- National Day of Prayer (Mealtime prayers for children)
- 5th Cinco de Mayo (Mexican recipes)
- 6th Kentucky Derby
- 13th National Apple Pie Day (recipe)
- 14th Mother’s Day (Brunch recipes)
- 14th National Buttermilk Biscuit Day (recipe)
- 29th Memorial Day (Patriotic Ideas)
More Meal Plans
About the meal plan
- This meal plan typically serves 4. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes. You can always increase the recipe to feed more.
- It’s a meal plan for one week of dinner ideas.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. This saves on the budget.
- It is understood that you have common ingredients in your pantry such as salt and pepper so those are not included in the ingredient lists.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos. A bag of carrots can be used for multiple dishes in one week to avoid waste.
- There are 7 dinner ideas each week, in no particular order.
- Scroll down for the recipe links.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared in our daily scroll.
- Join this Facebook Group for recipes and other Homemaking ideas from myself and my blogging friends.
May Meal Plan Week 4
Need to know
- All recipes are linked at the bottom of this article.
- The grocery list for each of the seven entrées includes the ingredients required for that entrée.
- Ingredients are not included for side dish ideas
- Scroll all the way down for homemade dessert recipes to try this month
1. Meatloaf with Brown Gravy
Meatloaf is a comfort food staple you can eat year-round. My Brown Gravy Meatloaf recipe satisfies two comfort food requirements; a delicious meatloaf and a homemade brown gravy to dip it in.
Either rice or Homemade Mashed Potatoes goes well with meatloaf. Good green vegetables include either Italian beans, green beans or peas and carrots.
Grocery List for entrée
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 sweet onion, finely diced (optional)
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
2. Skillet Italian Crust Salmon
You will only need four ingredients for this lightly crusted Parmesan Italian-flavored Salmon made in the Iron Skillet. Your entrée will be ready to eat in about 15 minutes.
Make these pecan-glazed green beans or roasted Brussel sprouts and homemade mashed potatoes for a restaurant-quality dinner.
- 1 large piece of Salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 pk. Italian dressing mix, like this
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Robust olive oil
3. Baked Ham and Eggs Muffins (Breakfast for Dinner)
Breakfast for dinner is a treat. These Baked Ham and Egg Muffin Cups come together quickly and the best part is they are low carb.
Have some fun with sides to go with breakfast for supper. Try any of these; Cinnamon Baked Peaches, Copycat McDonald’s Biscuits, Triple Berry Cheesecake Parfait, or Watermelon Blueberry Salad.
- 6 Medium eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices thin pre-cooked ham
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
4. Crockpot Broccoli, Sausage and Pasta Casserole
Broccoli, Sausage, and Pasta pair well for a delicious Slow Cooker casserole dinner. This one-pot meal is ready to eat in about 2 hours cooking on low in the Slow Cooker.
No side dish is needed because the veggie is included in the casserole. Serve your favorite dinner bread.
- 1 pkg. Smoked Sausage Link’s cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Cup broccoli chopped
- 1 Can (15 oz.) Diced tomatoes (basil, garlic & oregano)
- 3 Cups shredded sharp cheese
- 1 (13 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 Cup 2% milk
- 1 pkg. (1 lb.) macaroni noodles
5 White Beans and Ham Soup
You probably have most of the ingredients on hand to make this White Beans and Ham Soup recipe. We use dried Navy Beans making this a budget-friendly meal. (Stovetop and Instant Pot Recipes included)Side Dishes
Cornbread goes great with this soup. Grab my homemade cornbread recipe.
- 1 lb diced ham (found in the meat department, pre-packaged)
- 2 cups dried Great Northern White Beans
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 Cups white onion, minced
- 1 (28 oz.) container Vegetable Broth
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Butter (Stove Top recipe only)
6. Air Fryer Catfish Nuggets
A delicious Air Fryer recipe with only three simple ingredients. These Air Fryer Catfish Nuggets taste deep fried but without all the grease.
Make this easy Homemade creamy cole slaw, and these oven baked homestyle fries. A pitcher of cold iced sweet tea will make this meal perfect.
- 2 lbs. Catfish Nuggets
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 (10 oz. ) Box Fish Fry Mix
7 Cheeze-It Baked Chicken Tenders
A good weekend meal is this simple recipe for Cheeze-It Baked Chicken Tenders. Chicken tenderloins are coated in crushed crackers for a crispy tasty treat.
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese is a great side dish for chicken tenders.
- 6 to 8 chicken tenderloins, boneless and skinless
- 1 tsp. sage
- 2 Cups Crushed Cheez-Its crackers, in flavor of your choice
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Scroll down for all of this week’s menu plan recipe links.
May Meal Plan Recipes Week 4
- Meatloaf with Brown Gravy recipe
- Italian Crust Salmon Recipe
- Baked Ham and Egg Muffins recipe
- Broccoli, Sausage and Macaroni Casserole Recipe
- White Beans and Ham Soup recipe
- Air Fryer Catfish Nuggets recipe
- Cheeze-It Baked Chicken Tenders recipe
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment.