May Meal Plan Week 2
We got our May Meal Plan started off strong last week with seven tasty weeknight dinner ideas. My hubby bragged on those Rosemary Pork Chops! We were licking the bones. This week’s menu plan brings more delectable meals.
Also, visit our Meal Plans page for more year-round meal-planning ideas. Meal Planning is one great way to save on the grocery budget.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
Occasions to celebrate in May and we like to celebrate with special recipes.
- 4th- Star Wars Day
- National Day of Prayer (Mealtime prayers for children)
- 5th Cinco de Mayo (Mexican recipes)
- 6th Kentucky Derby
- 13th National Apple Pie Day (recipe)
- 14th Mother’s Day (Brunch recipes)
- 14th National Buttermilk Biscuit Day (recipe)
- 29th Memorial Day (Patriotic Ideas)
Graduation is coming soon! See these Luau Party Ideas to celebrate:
More Meal Plans
About the meal plan
- This meal plan typically serves 4. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes. You can always increase the recipe to feed more.
- It’s a meal plan for one week of dinner ideas.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. This saves on the budget.
- It is understood that you have common ingredients in your pantry such as salt and pepper so those are not included in the ingredient lists.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos. A bag of carrots can be used for multiple dishes in one week to avoid waste.
- There are 7 dinner ideas each week, in no particular order.
- Scroll down for the recipe links.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared in our daily scroll.
- Join this Facebook Group for recipes and other Homemaking ideas from myself and my blogging friends.
May Meal Plan Week 2
Need to know
- All recipes are linked at the bottom of this article.
- The grocery list for each of the seven entrées includes the ingredients required for that entrée.
- Ingredients are not included for side dish ideas
- Scroll all the way down for homemade dessert recipes to try this month
1. Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
This recipe for Baked Chicken Leg Quarters has passed the test of time. A family favorite for taste and for how easy this main dish is to cook.
A good weeknight meal to serve; Homemade Mashed Potatoes and green beans or peas and carrots are the perfect side dishes.
NOTE: In a big hurry and no time for peeling potatoes to make mashed potatoes? I get it. That is why this is my favorite brand on Instant mashed potatoes. All you need is 2 cups of boiling water and some butter. ~wink~
Grocery List for entrée
- 4 Fresh Chicken Leg Quarters
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp Sage or Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 stick Butter
2. Cheesy Sausage Pasta Casserole
This Cheesy Sausage Pasta Casserole is two layers of meaty cheesy goodness with Penne Pasta mixed in. Bonus, this dish is delicious served as leftovers for lunch the next day.
Serve a side salad and bread with this nice Italian meal. Grab my copycat recipe for Homemade Italian Butter to go with your bread. I recommend a loaf of French bread from the bakery at your grocery store. Heat, slice and eat.
- 3/4 lb. Penne Pasta
- 1 lb. Sage Pork Sausage browned and drained
- 1 24 oz. Jar of Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 tsp. dried Basil
- 1 tsp. dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 (15 oz.) container of Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- Bagged salad (optional)
3. Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps
Make these Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps on the stove or in your Instant Pot. Both recipe included. A delicious combination of seasonings, cheese and ranch dressing will make you think you bought take-out.
Serve potato chips on the side.
- 1 Cup water
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 8-inch tortilla wraps
- 1 Cup baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp. ranch dressing, preferably thick
4. Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Looking for a sandwich loaded with flavor and filling too? Get this easy recipe for Rotisserie Chicken Salad and make sandwiches for dinner tonight.
Don’t want to eat it as a sandwich? Serve this flavorful Chicken salad on a bed of lettuce.
Another weeknight dinner that you can serve your favorite potato chips. If you simply insist on more; this homemade soup is ready to eat in about 30 minutes and have soup and sandwiches for dinner.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, pulled off the bone and chopped
- 1 Cup sweet seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1 Cup pecans chopped
- ½ cup chopped green onions (optional)
- 3.4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 Cup honey mustard dressing
5 Mandarin Orange Salad with Homemade Mandarin Orange Dressing
If you are looking for a simple, quick and easy salad that also has flavor and is not boring, this is it. Canned mandarin oranges do the heavy lifting in this delectable salad recipe.
Make yourself some of these Homemade croutons, you’ll be glad you did. Use Jiffy corn muffin mix instead of making homemade cornbread.
- 1 head of Iceberg lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- 1 hard boiled egg whites, chopped (optional)
- 1 can of Mandarin oranges, drained (reserve the juice)
Mandarin Orange Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Mandarin orange Juice (from drained can)
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
6. Make Breakfast for Dinner with this Southwestern Breakfast Skillet Low Carb Recipe
Are you trying to cut carbs? You won’t believe what replaces potatoes in this low carb breakfast skillet recipe. A one-pan dinner recipe that is packed with flavor and whole foods.
No need for side dishes because this meal has the veggies cooked into it.
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 8-oz. bag radishes, rinsed, trimmed, and quartered
- ¼ Cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground chili powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ Cup mini sweet peppers, diced (tri-color)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
7. Crockpot Pierogi and Meatballs
Need a Crockpot recipe that is ready to eat in about 2 or 3 hours? Here ya go. This scrumptious comfort food recipe only has 5 ingredients. Meatballs and Pierogies are slow cooked in Alfredo sauce for a delicious weeknight dinner.
Serve your favorite Italian bread on the side and make some of this homemade Italian butter to dip it in.
- Mrs. T’s frozen Pierogies ( I used 2 boxes)
- 1 jar (15 oz.) Alfredo sauce ( I used this Roasted Garlic)
- 1 bag of frozen meatballs
- About 1/2 Cup of Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning, divided
Scroll down for all of this week’s menu plan recipe links.
May Meal Plan Recipes Week 2
- Baked Chicken Leg Quarters recipe
- Cheesy Sausage Pasta Casserole recipe
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps recipe (Stove and Instant Pot included)
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad recipe
- Mandarin Orange Salad with Homemade Mandarin Orange Dressing recipe
- Southwest Breakfast Skillet Low Carb Dinner recipe
- Crockpot Pierogi and Meatballs in Alfredo Sauce recipe
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment.