March Meal Plan Week 4
It is hard to believe this is the last meal plan for the month of March. Next week we will be rolling into April and hopefully warmer temps and lighter meals.
The Week 4 meal plan for March is complete with weeknight meal ideas, grocery ingredient lists and side dish ideas. Meal planning is the best way to manage your grocery budget.
This family dinner meal plan includes 7 main dish recipe ideas complete with the grocery list to make them and side dish suggestions. Scroll all the way down for a list of desserts to make at home.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
Table of Contents
- More Meal Plans
- About the meal plan
- March Meal Plan Week 4
- 1. Garlic Butter Lemon Shrimp and Rice
- 2. Smothered Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 3. Baked Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
- 4. Broccoli Bacon Salad Easy Recipe With Homemade Dressing
- 5. Crockpot Cube Steak and Mushroom Gravy
- 6. Creamy Corn Chowder with Potatoes and Ham
- 7. Stovetop Grilled Cabbage Steaks
- March Meal Plan Recipes Week 4
- Your thoughts?
- Desserts To Make At Home
More Meal Plans
About the meal plan
- This meal plan will serve 4. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes.
- It’s a meal plan for one week of dinner ideas.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. This saves on the budget.
- It is understood that you have common ingredients in your pantry such as salt and pepper so those are not included in the ingredient lists.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos. A bag of carrots can be used for multiple dishes in one week to avoid waste.
- There are 7 dinner ideas each week, in no particular order.
- Scroll down for the recipe links.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared daily.
March Meal Plan Week 4
All recipes are linked at the bottom of this article. Side dish suggestions are not required, cook your favorite family sides. The grocery list for each entrée includes the ingredients required for that recipe.
1. Garlic Butter Lemon Shrimp and Rice
This shrimp and rice recipe is an easy one pan seafood dinner with lemon, garlic and herb flavored shrimp and rice. Ready to eat in under one hour.
Serve your favorite deli bread such as Italian bread or Hawaiian rolls with this meal. Make this Pear Salad. It is like a fruity dessert.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups white rice, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 lemons, divided
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs. fresh or frozen (thawed) medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup heavy cream optional
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
Also see; 15 Cooking Herbs You Can Easily Grow At Home
2. Smothered Stuffed Chicken Breast
This Veggie stuffed chicken breast recipe is made on the stove top in about 40 minutes. The milk gravy is made from scratch. Skip the gravy for keto diets.
If you skip the gravy, you have a low carb dinner. So with that in mind, I recommend green beans only as a side dish.
- 6 Plump Boneless skinless Chicken breast
- 1 (12) Jar Blendabella Rustic Tuscan
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ⅓ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2½ Cups Milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
3. Baked Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
An easy recipe for crispy baked Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas with a creamy cheesy filling. Cook these easy quesadillas for lunch, snacks, dinner or game day.
Serve this easy homemade guacamole on the side with your favorite tortilla chips. Make a bowl of fresh Homemade Salsa to serve on the side with your quesadillas.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 4 cups Fiesta blend cheese, shredded
4. Broccoli Bacon Salad Easy Recipe With Homemade Dressing
This time tested recipe for Broccoli salad boasts a creamy tangy homemade dressing to coat the fresh broccoli. Bacon, raisins, pecans and onions compliment the broccoli for a pop of flavor in your mouth. Take any leftovers for lunch the next day.
Serve your favorite crackers with this vegetable salad. My family enjoys Ritz crackers with this dinner.
- 1 bunch of fresh broccoli
- 6 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 small red onion cut into thin pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ¾ Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
5. Crockpot Cube Steak and Mushroom Gravy
This recipe for Cube Steak & Mushroom Gravy is slow cooked to create a tender and delicious easy weeknight meal with only five ingredients.
Serve either rice or homemade mashed potatoes with this meal and your favorite dinner rolls. Heat up a green vegetable such as green beans, peas or Italian beans.
- 4 pieces Cube Steak
- 2 Cans Mushroom gravy (I prefer Campbell’s)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Cup sliced fresh portobello mushrooms
6. Creamy Corn Chowder with Potatoes and Ham
This corn chowder recipe uses fresh ingredients including the corn cob which adds amazing flavor to this delicious soup. You can find fresh corn in your grocers produce department.
Because this chowder contains meat and vegetables, all you need is the bread. Make this homemade cornbread or your favorite dinner rolls.
- 3 Ears of Corn on the Cob shucked (about 2-/14 cups)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3/4 Cup chopped Vidalia Onion
- 3 Cups of 2% Milk
- 2 Tablespoons self rising flour
- 2 Cups peeled and diced red potatoes
- 3/4 Cup cooked ham leftovers are fine
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
7. Stovetop Grilled Cabbage Steaks
This recipe for Grilled Cabbage Steaks is cooked in the kitchen on the stovetop using a flat griddle. The cabbage steaks taste delicious and the best part is they are low carb.
The side dish I serve with cabbage steaks is bacon or pan fried ham slices. In this meal, the meat is the side. While you have the griddle on the stove, make these delicious Basil Grilled Tomatoes for a real treat.
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 6 pieces of bacon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Scroll down for all of this week’s recipe links.
March Meal Plan Recipes Week 4
- Garlic Butter Lemon Shrimp and Rice recipe
- Smothered Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- Baked Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas recipe
- Broccoli and Bacon Salad recipe with homemade dressing
- Crockpot Cube Steak and Mushroom Gravy recipe
- Creamy Corn Chowder with Ham and Potatoes recipe
- Grilled Cabbage Steaks recipe
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment.