April Meal Plan Week 2
Week two of the April Meal Plan comes with seven dinner recipe ideas. This week’s meal plan includes Easter dinner. Included you will also find a list of grocery ingredients for each entrée and side dish ideas you can use.
Scroll all the way down for a list of dessert recipe ideas to cook for your family. Also visit our Meal Plans page for more ideas. Meal Planning is one great way to save on the grocery budget.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
Table of Contents
- More Meal Plans
- About the meal plan
- April Meal Plan Week 2
- 1. Crockpot Brown Sugar & Pineapple Glazed Ham
- 2. Baked Lemon Pepper Tilapia
- 3. Classic Meatloaf with Saltines
- 4. Crockpot Beef Tips and Gravy
- 5. Chicken and Dumplings almost from scratch
- 6. French Loaf Breakfast Omelet
- 7. Air Fryer Cheesy Chicken Tenders
- April Meal Plan Recipes Week 2
- Your thoughts?
- Desserts To Make At Home
More Meal Plans
- April Meal Plan Week 1
- March Meal Plan Week 4
- March Meal Plan Week 3
- March Meal Plan Week 2
- March Meal Plan Week 1
About the meal plan
- This meal plan will serve 4. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes.
- It’s a meal plan for one week of dinner ideas.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. This saves on the budget.
- It is understood that you have common ingredients in your pantry such as salt and pepper so those are not included in the ingredient lists.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos. A bag of carrots can be used for multiple dishes in one week to avoid waste.
- There are 7 dinner ideas each week, in no particular order.
- Scroll down for the recipe links.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared daily.
April Meal Plan Week 2
All recipes are linked at the bottom of this article. Side dish suggestions are not required, cook your favorite family sides. The grocery list for each entrée includes the ingredients required for that entrée.
1. Crockpot Brown Sugar & Pineapple Glazed Ham
Brown Sugar & Pineapple Glazed Ham is a nice traditional recipe to cook for Easter dinner and the best part is how easy this recipe is to prepare in the Crockpot.
Easter dinner calls for some delicious side dishes. You can make the Potato salad and the Deviled eggs on Saturday and store them in the refrigerator. Pecan Glazed Green Beans and this easy Carrot Souffle round out our side dishes.
Grocery List for entree
- 1 Butt portion ham (mine is 7 lbs.)
- 1 (15 oz.) can sliced pineapples in heavy syrup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 9-12 whole cherries in syrup
2. Baked Lemon Pepper Tilapia
Baked Lemon Pepper Tilapia isn’t only a delicious weeknight meal idea but it’s also a Low Carb entrée ready to eat in about 20 minutes!
Serve your favorite quick and easy vegetables. I like to cook frozen California vegetables as a side. Buy the ‘steamer’ frozen vegetables to keep this meal quick.
- About 4 frozen Tilapia (1 per person)
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 bag of frozen California vegetables (optional)
3. Classic Meatloaf with Saltines
This classic meatloaf recipe is tender and juicy with a tangy ketchup and mustard glaze on top for the perfect comfort food.
Mashed potatoes are the perfect side dish with meatloaf. Also serve your favorite green vegetable like green beans or peas and carrots. Rolls or biscuits would be nice but are not necessary.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 25 saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. dry minced onion
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, optional
4. Crockpot Beef Tips and Gravy
This easy Beef Tips & Gravy recipe is made in the Crockpot with few ingredients. It’s a very versatile recipe so you can add your own flavor touches and serve with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
Rice is the side dish that goes perfect with Beef Tips and Gravy but you can swap the rice for mashed potatoes and serve your favorite green vegetable too.
- 2 lbs. beef tips
- 2 cans beef gravy (13 oz. ea.)
- 1 packet dry beefy onion soup mix (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
5. Chicken and Dumplings almost from scratch
This easy Chicken and Dumplings recipe is great for Easter and this is Easter week so I’m including it this week.
Chicken and Dumplings is a filling meal without side dishes. However, a side of cornbread or green beans is always good.
- 1 hen
- About 7 cups water
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Sage
- 1 pkg. Mary Hill frozen dumplings
6. French Loaf Breakfast Omelet
Breakfast for supper is always fun. This easy recipe for a French Loaf Breakfast Omelet is a copycat from a fancy restaurant we once visited.
Fruit makes a good side dish. Try this simple Southern Pear and Cherry Salad or these Cinnamon Baked Peaches.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sharp shredded cheese
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 Cup sliced Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Half-n-half
- 1/2 lb. ground sausage cooked, crumbled and drained
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 large French Loaf
7. Air Fryer Cheesy Chicken Tenders
These Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are covered in a cheese cracker crust and ready to eat in under 30 minutes. A great Saturday afternoon meal.
This is fun food night. Serve Ranch dressing or Honey mustard on the side for dipping. Potato chips are perfect, no more cooking.
- 2 to 2.5 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders (thawed)
- 2 Cups pulverized cheese crackers
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 Cups 2% Milk
Scroll down for all of this week’s recipe links.
April Meal Plan Recipes Week 2
- Crockpot Brown Sugar and Pineapple Glazed Ham recipe
- Baked Lemon Pepper Tilapia recipe
- Classic Meatloaf with Saltines Recipe
- Crockpot Beef Tips and Gravy recipe
- Chicken and Dumplings recipe
- French Loaf Breakfast Omelet recipe
- Air Fryer Cheesy Chicken Tenders recipe
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment.