My Crockpot Ranch Chicken Sliders are made with chicken thighs simmered until they are falling apart and infused with a delicious ranch flavor.
We do a lot of cooking at our house. Don’t get me wrong, we enjoy dining out also but there is a lot of cooking going on. One thing I know is to keep your family happy, you need to create some variety in your menu selections. These easy to cook and prepare Crockpot Ranch Chicken Sliders are a great addition to the menu plan. You’ll want to save the recipe for busy Saturdays or even party food.
A tragedy recently occurred in my kitchen when my crock cracked! I don’t know about your kitchen but in mine that constitutes an emergency! Thankfully I have more than one Crockpot! It was my favorite crock though! I’ll tell you what happened next.
I’m all about easy recipes and this is a good one. You only need three ingredients to cook these ranch chicken thighs; the thighs, a little water and ranch dressing mix.
I do not add salt. There is salt in the ranch dressing mix, no need to add any additional seasonings.
This is just exactly like my Crockpot except this one is a newer model (affiliate link). It was a somber time in my kitchen as I waited ‘patiently’ for my new crock to arrive.
I do not know how my crock cracked, I really don’t. I discovered the crack when I was washing it after having prepared a meal in it. I called the good folks at Crockpot who were wonderful. The replacement cost me less than $13.00 with free shipping! They made a happy customer in me! Sure I could have gone out and bought the newer model but it wasn’t necessary when I could get a replacement crock so cheap!
I cook my chicken thighs on low for about 3 or 4 hours until they are falling apart. Then I shred them with two forks.
This recipe is good served as leftovers or prepared one day in advance. Just remember to save some of the juice so you can heat the juice and pour over the shredded chicken before you heat it up. I prefer to reheat the meat in the microwave as the oven will dry it out.
We enjoy slightly melted provolone or Swiss cheese along with grilled onions and mayonnaise on our sliders. Be sure to provide your guest with some options for toppings if you’re serving these for a party.
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 or 2 packs dry Ranch dressing mix ( I use 2 for lots of flavor)
- ½ cup water
- Pour the water into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place the chicken thighs into the crockpot.
- Pour the Ranch dressing mix over the chicken.
- Cook on low for about 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir the chicken several times during cooking to mix the Ranch flavor in all the chicken.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the liquid carefully, reserving liquid for later.
- Shred the cooked chicken for sliders.
- Prepare your sliders and enjoy!
- NOTE: Save some of the juice for reheating leftover chicken. Just pour it over the shredded chicken prior to reheating the meat.
I can’t honestly say which I personally enjoy better, the Ranch Chicken sliders with homemade creamy coleslaw or the one with melted cheese and grilled onions. In order to solve the problem, I usually just have one of each. We also enjoy Bread & butter pickles with our sliders. What’s your favorite sandwich sides?
More from our site
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- DIY Pink Floral Centerpiece In A Clear Vase - May 24, 2018
- Free Summer Reading Programs - May 21, 2018
- DIY Outdoor Living Projects People Will Talk About (Merry Monday 205) - May 20, 2018