These Crockpot Ranch Chicken Sliders are a boneless chicken thigh recipe simmered until they are falling apart and infused with a delicious ranch flavor.
Ranch Chicken Sliders are a great addition to the menu plan for busy days. Made with only three ingredients and I put the chicken in the Crockpot frozen! This recipe is very versatile though. See our list below of the many different ways you can use this Crockpot Shredded Chicken.
HOW TO OVERCOME A CRACKED CROCK
A tragedy recently occurred in my kitchen when my crock cracked! I don’t know about your kitchen but in mine that constitutes an emergency! Thankfully I have more than one Crockpot! It was my favorite crock though!
Just an FYI, if you have Crockpot brand and your crock cracks, you can replace it from their site. My replacement was only $10 with free shipping! I called customer service using the number on their site. The representative I spoke with was especially nice and had my replacement crock sent out immediately. It was a smooth and easy process but the best part was that it wasn’t expensive.
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT RANCH CHICKEN
You only need three ingredients to cook this recipe; frozen boneless chicken thighs, water and one pack of Ranch dressing mix.
Rinse the chicken in a colander to remove any ice crystals which may have formed.
I do not add salt. There is salt in the ranch dressing mix, no need to add any additional seasonings unless it is your personal preference.
Cook the chicken thighs on low for about 3 or 4 hours until they are falling apart. Then shred them with two forks as seen in the video below.
PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW
***Follow our Crockpot/Slow Cooker Board on Pinterest***
This recipe is good served as leftovers or prepared one day in advance. Just remember to save some of the juice so you can heat the juice and pour over the shredded chicken before you heat it up. I prefer to reheat the meat in the microwave as the oven will dry it out.
WAYS TO SERVE SHREDDED CHICKEN
Add BBQ Sauce after shredding for BBQ sandwiches
Stir in Marinara sauce for Chicken Parm Sandwiches
Chicken Pot Pie
Use it to make homemade Chicken Salad
Make Chicken burritos or enchiladas
Chicken and Rice
Shredded chicken makes a good salad topping
HOW TO MAKE RANCH CHICKEN SLIDERS
After cooking the chicken with ranch dressing in the Crockpot. Shred the chicken using two forks.
Slice open your slider buns and slather a little sandwich spread of your choice inside.
Then pile on a heaping helping of shredded ranch chicken.
Top with pickles, onions, tomatoes, peppers, grilled onions, mushrooms, cheese or whatever sandwich topping you like.
Our Homemade Creamy Cole Slaw with only four ingredients is the perfect topping or side dish to serve with sliders.
~~~Share this easy recipe to Pinterest~~~
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 or 2 packs dry Ranch dressing mix ( I use 2 for lots of flavor)
- ½ cup water
- Pour the water into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place the chicken thighs into the crockpot.
- Pour the Ranch dressing mix over the chicken.
- Cook on low for about 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir the chicken several times during cooking to mix the Ranch flavor in all the chicken.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the liquid carefully, reserving liquid for later.
- Shred the cooked chicken for sliders.
- Prepare your sliders and enjoy!
- NOTE: Save some of the juice for reheating leftover chicken. Just pour it over the shredded chicken prior to reheating the meat.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps Instant Pot® Or Skillet Easy Recipe
- Lemon Pepper Oven Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- Baked BBQ Chicken Bone In
- Homemade Chicken Fajita Wraps with Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet Easy Recipe
- Chicken Prosciutto Saltimbocca
- Air Fryer Cheesy Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Baked Chicken Leg Quarters Easy Recipe
- Smothered Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 3 Ingredients Easy Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe