Nothing is more well received on the dinner table than real food cooked from scratch. Our Stovetop Grilled Cabbage Steaks with Bacon are not only yummy but they are easy to prepare as well.
Preparing meals with fresh vegetables in the winter is always something to look forward to. It may be a little too cold for firing up the grill outside but that won’t stop us from stovetop grilling!
I enjoy using my griddle to make these Grilled Cabbage Steaks with Bacon. My griddle is similar to the one pictured below except it’s been in my kitchen for many years.
A griddle is very easy to use and perfect for dishes like my Cabbage Steaks with Bacon. The above griddle like mine is two sided with the opposite side yielding those coveted grill marks you see on my cabbage steaks and bacon.
The griddle is versatile enough to use for a variety of foods. Just say no to boiled hot dogs and prepare them on your griddle! I can easily make about 6 grilled cheese sandwiches at one time when we have the grandchildren over. Our recipe for Basil Grilled Tomatoes is also prepared on the griddle.
Enjoy this easy recipe with only 4 ingredients.
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 6 pieces of bacon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Slice the cabbage into about ½ inch thick pieces, 'steaks'
- Place the cabbage steaks and the bacon side by side on the griddle
- Cook on medium high heat
- Turn the bacon and the cabbage steaks over about half way through cooking
- Drain bacon and paper toweling.
- Serve with your favorite cornbread or rolls
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
You may also like
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 10 Unique DIY Pumpkin Ideas & Merry Monday Link Up Party #172 - September 17, 2017
- Seven Super Easy Halloween Party Food Ideas - September 16, 2017
- How To Make Charlie Brown Cookies - September 13, 2017