Nothing is better on the dinner table than real food cooked from scratch. Our Stovetop Grilled Cabbage Steaks with Bacon are not only yummy but they are easy to prepare as well.
Find more made from scratch recipes on our Entree Page.
Grilled Cabbage Steaks are good anytime of year and can be grilled inside or out. My preference is stovetop grilled inside using one of my favorite kitchen tools, the griddle.
My griddle is similar to the one pictured below except it’s been in my kitchen for many years.
A griddle is very easy to use and perfect for dishes like my Cabbage Steaks with Bacon. The above griddle like mine is two sided with the opposite side yielding those coveted grill marks you see on my cabbage steaks and bacon.
The griddle is versatile enough to use for a variety of foods. Just say no to boiled hot dogs and prepare them on your griddle! I can easily make about 6 grilled cheese sandwiches at one time when we have the grandchildren over. Our recipe for Basil Grilled Tomatoes is also prepared on the griddle.
Enjoy this easy recipe with only 4 ingredients.
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 6 pieces of bacon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Slice the cabbage into about ½ inch thick pieces, 'steaks'
- Place the cabbage steaks and the bacon side by side on the griddle
- Cook on medium high heat
- Turn the bacon and the cabbage steaks over about half way through cooking
- Drain bacon and paper toweling.
- Serve with your favorite cornbread or rolls
More Yummy Cabbage Dishes
- Skillet Cabbage Rice & Sausage One Dish Dinner
- Crockpot Corned Beef & Cabbage
- Homemade Creamy Cole Slaw
- Oven Roasted Cabbage Steaks @Made In A Day
Must Have Kitchen Tools
- 5 Blade Adjustable Mandolin Slicer
- Black&Decker 1.5 Cup Food Chopper
- Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler
- 5 Blade Spiralizer
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Free Summer Reading Programs - May 21, 2018
- DIY Outdoor Living Projects People Will Talk About (Merry Monday 205) - May 20, 2018
- Crockpot Lemon Pepper Wings - May 17, 2018