Muffin Cup Monkey Bread is a nice quick and easy dessert to throw together in a pinch.
My husband and I have purposely not been keeping snacks or desserts in the house. If you don’t have anything sweet, you will most definitely develop a sweet tooth, right?
That happened earlier this week so I just whipped up this Muffin Cup Monkey Bread. I was pleasantly surprised to find a can of biscuits in the refrigerator. All you really need is biscuits, cinnamon, sugar and butter.
My muffin pan is about 35 years old so it is a dark color and well seasoned. A well seasoned pan will cook just a tad quicker than a newer pan.
Pour the melted butter and brown sugar mixture on top of the biscuits and place into the oven.
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 (8ct.) cans of biscuits
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ½ cup nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Place the granulated sugar and cinnamon into a Ziploc bag and shake to blend
- Spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray
- Break the biscuits into small pieces by hand
- Shake the biscuits in the sugar/cinnamon mixture to coat
- Place biscuits into the sections of the muffin pan
- Add a few nuts and raisins into each section
- Mix the brown sugar and melted butter together
- Pour the brown sugar and butter over each section to coat
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, until done. Oven temperatures vary.
- Cool in pan then turn out onto a serving dish and enjoy!
Apparently we have a habit of whipping up a quick dessert using biscuits. You can find my Biscuit Donut Recipe here.
What quick dessert do you whip up for your family?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE