Muffin Cup Monkey Bread is a nice quick and easy dessert to throw together in a pinch.
My husband and I have purposely not been keeping snacks or desserts in the house. If you don’t have anything sweet, you will most definitely develop a sweet tooth, right?
That happened earlier this week so I just whipped up this Muffin Cup Monkey Bread. I was pleasantly surprised to find a can of biscuits in the refrigerator. All you really need is biscuits, cinnamon, sugar and butter.
My muffin pan is about 35 years old so it is a dark color and well seasoned. A well seasoned pan will cook just a tad quicker than a newer pan.
Pour the melted butter and brown sugar mixture on top of the biscuits and place into the oven.
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 (8ct.) cans of biscuits
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ½ cup nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Place the granulated sugar and cinnamon into a Ziploc bag and shake to blend
- Spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray
- Break the biscuits into small pieces by hand
- Shake the biscuits in the sugar/cinnamon mixture to coat
- Place biscuits into the sections of the muffin pan
- Add a few nuts and raisins into each section
- Mix the brown sugar and melted butter together
- Pour the brown sugar and butter over each section to coat
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, until done. Oven temperatures vary.
- Cool in pan then turn out onto a serving dish and enjoy!
Apparently we have a habit of whipping up a quick dessert using biscuits. You can find my Biscuit Donut Recipe here.
What quick dessert do you whip up for your family?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Home Decor Using Traditional Fall Colors & Merry Monday #173 - September 24, 2017
- 12 Things To Know Before Visiting A Corn Maze Plus Our Big Georgia List - September 22, 2017
- Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe - September 21, 2017