Biscuit Doughnuts are super easy to make and perfect for a quick snack.
No need to talk about how great doughnuts are because we already know that, right!
Ingredients are simple; canned biscuits, oil and your choice of sugar coatings. No mixing and no stirring, no dirty bowls!
Begin with a can of biscuits. I selected the small biscuits but if you would like to use jumbo biscuits that would be fine also.
Use a small round object to cut the hole from the center. I used the orange core tool from Tupperware. It worked like a charm!
Prepare a paper bag or a Ziploc bag with your choice of sugar coatings. We used Cinnamon Sugar and Powdered Sugar
Fry your donuts in shallow oil until golden brown. No need for a deep fryer!
Drain your donuts prior to coating with sugar. We drained on cooling rack over paper toweling.
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- Approximately 1 cup oil
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- Cut a hole into the center of the biscuits which creates a doughnut.
- Preheat oil in a skillet
- Fry each doughnut until golden brown.
- Drain on paper toweling
- Place cinnamon and granulated sugar coatings into one bag and powdered sugar into another bag.(Paper bag or Ziploc bag)
- Toss hot doughnuts in your choice of sugars to coat
- Serve and enjoy
Which do you prefer, Cinnamon Sugar or Powdered Sugar?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Homemade Lemon Cheesecake - February 16, 2018
- Low Country Shrimp Boil Recipe - February 12, 2018
- 20 DIY Valentine’s Home Decor Ideas (Merry Monday #191) - February 11, 2018