Biscuit Doughnuts are super easy to make and perfect for a quick and easy dessert.
No need to talk about how great doughnuts are because we already know that, right!
Ingredients are simple; canned biscuits, oil and your choice of sugar coatings. No mixing and no stirring, no dirty bowls!
How To Make Biscuit Doughnuts
Begin with a can of biscuits. I selected the small biscuits but if you would like to use jumbo biscuits that would be fine also.
We love a good recipe cheat, I mean making almost from scratch desserts at home. See this list:
We made these Scrumptious Caramel Iced Apple Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls using only three ingredients. You can do that when you know how to use recipe cheats properly.
Sticking with the idea of stuffing cinnamon rolls with your choice of flavors I created the Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls for a fall treat. No real pumpkins were harmed, we only used the spice.
Fresh apples and Crescent rolls come together perfectly to make Homemade Apple Turnovers without making the dough first.
One more Cinnamon Roll trick that is really popular at my house is the Mardi Gras King Cake. My grandson loves these so I make a few each Spring.
We are not quite done with the cinnamon roll recipe cheats. One more are these Cherry Sweet Rolls Not Quite from Scratch. Inspired by my mother’s love for cherry cinnamon rolls.
Here is how I took a bag of Chocolate Chip Cookie mix and turned it into a dessert you can talk about and take to the office party.
Use a small round object to cut the hole from the center. I used the orange core tool from Tupperware. It worked like a charm!
Prepare a paper bag or a Ziploc bag with your choice of sugar coatings. We used Cinnamon Sugar and Powdered Sugar
Fry your donuts in shallow oil until golden brown. No need for a deep fryer!
Drain your donuts prior to coating with sugar. We drained on cooling rack over paper toweling.
Quick and easy homemade dessert using an old recipe cheat, canned biscuits. Biscuit doughnuts are better than store bought and remind me of those little doughnuts for dessert at the Chinese buffet.
- 1 Can of biscuits (5 per can)
- Oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Mix the cinnamon and granulated sugar together in a paper bag and shake to blend. Set aside
- Pour the powdered sugar into a paper bag and set aside.
- Heat a skillet with shallow oil. No need for deep oil. The amount of oil you use will depend on the skillet size. Pour oil to about 1/4 way up the skillet, not even half full. Do Not Walk Away from hot oil.
- While the oil is preheating. open the biscuits and create a center hole. I used a Tupperware orange juicer for this. It's the perfect size for small canned biscuits.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the biscuits until golden brown. Flip over carefully and fry the other side. Only takes a very few minutes.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Turn the burn off and remove the hot oil skillet from the heat
- Place one or two biscuits at a time in the bag of sugar and shake to coat.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This recipe is for one can of 5 small biscuits. You cab make these with Grands or larger biscuits as well. Make plenty, they disappear quick.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Vegetable Oil, 48 Fl Oz
Domino Confectioners Sugar 10X Powdered Pure Cane Sugar, 4 Lb
Domino Premium Pure Cane Granulated Sugar with Easy Pour Recloseable Top 16 oz. (Pack of 2)
McCormick Classic Ground Cinnamon Shaker Bottle, 2.37 oz
12" Stone Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, with 100% APEO & PFOA-Free Stone-Derived Non-Stick Coating from Germany
Perfect Stix 4 lb Brown Bag- Pack of 40 Bags
- 35 More Men’s Stocking Stuffer Ideas They Will Actually Enjoy - October 21, 2020
- 15 Most Popular Gifts For Women This Year - October 19, 2020
- 21 Crazy Easy Beginner Cricut Projects for You To Try - October 16, 2020