LIFE IS SHORT, EAT DESSERT FIRST!
These Crescent Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Drizzle will look like you spent hours in the kitchen but let it be our secret just how easy this homemade dessert is!
Your family can enjoy delicious homemade cinnamon rolls without it taking you all day in the kitchen to make them! The apple filling is cooked from scratch but we are using jumbo crescent rolls for the dough! Work smarter, not harder!
More Easy Recipes Using Crescent Rolls
- Crescent Roll and Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Homemade Crescent Apple Turnovers
- Pecan Apple Raisin Crescents
The apple raisin filling topped with toasted pecans will satisfy your Fall flavors craving with or without the caramel drizzle. Crescent rolls provide that soft flaky dough we crave with cinnamon rolls too!
Pecans and raisins are optional but I would encourage you to make some with and some without for variety.
The secret to success is rolling out the crescent rolls so that you get those soft doughy layers we all love in cinnamon rolls.
Scroll down for the printable recipe
~Share this recipe to Pinterest~
- 1 pkg. jumbo crescent rolls
- 2 Medium sweet apples
- ½ stick butter (divided)
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ chopped pecans (optional)
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- COOKING THE APPLES
- Peel and Cut the apples into small chunks for cooking
- Place ¼ cup butter and ¼ cup brown sugar into skillet and cook on medium heat stirring until butter is melted.
- Add cut up apples to the butter mixture and cook until apples are tender.
- Cook apple mixture with a lid on the pan, removing frequently to stir and replace each time.
- If you are adding raisins into your rolls, add them to the apple mixture about halfway through the cooking time. This will plump the raisins.
- PREPARE THE CRESCENT ROLLS
- While the apple mixture is cooking, Place the crescent rolls onto a floured surface.
- Line all of the crescent rolls up side by side and pinch the seams together,
- Use a rolling pin to roll the crescent roll dough out thinner. (It will be uneven on the edges, that is ok)
- Spread the other ¼ cup of butter over the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar over the top of the buttered dough.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the butter and brown sugar.
- PREPARE THE APPLE MIXTURE
- Scoop the raisins out of the cooked apple mixture and set aside.
- Grind the cooked apples up in a small food chopper. Apples should be fairly smooth but will have tiny chunks.
- Stir the raisins back into the apples.
- Spread the apple and raisin mixture over the top of the dough, do not drain.
- CUTTING THE ROLLS
- Starting at one end, gently roll the dough into a log. Take care to roll as tight as possible.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the log into pieces about 1 inch each.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of each roll.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325° for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until dough is golden. Allow to cool.
- Drizzle caramel ice cream topping over each roll.
- Serve and enjoy!