Enjoy a scrumptious meatless meal with this flavor packed Taco Salad served in a Homemade Tortilla Bowl. Fresh vegetables paired with black beans and corn make this dish a favorite.
Dinner is ready in about 20 minutes when you make Meatless Taco Salads for dinner.
We begin with our Homemade Taco Salad Shells using Wheat tortilla shells for a little extra fiber. These can be made a day or two in advance to save time. Make your Taco Salad Bowls on Sunday afternoon then serve this dish on Taco Tuesday for an easy weeknight meal.
Fresh cut Roma tomatoes, Black Beans and Corn add the crunchy bite. You won’t miss the meat because there is so much flavor in this meal.
BENEFITS OF EATING BLACK BEANS
They are loaded with fiber and we know we need more fiber for a healthier digestive system.
One cup of black beans contains 15 grams of protein.
The protein content makes Black Beans a good meat substitute.
Beans are high in minerals and fiber without the saturated fat which raises cholesterol.
PREPARING CANNED BLACK BEANS
When purchasing canned Black Beans, get the low sodium version.
Always drain canned beans in a colander and rinse to remove some of the excess sodium.
GUACAMOLE OR SOUR CREAM DRESSING
We use a Sour Cream Dressing for our Meatless Taco Salad but you can substitute or add a dollop of Homemade Guacamole to your Taco Salad instead of the Sour Cream Dressing or with the dressing. Here is our super easy Homemade Guacamole recipe.
HOW TO LAYER THIS MEATLESS TACO SALAD IN A MASON JAR
Skip the sandwich and take a Mason Jar Salad for lunch. Be sure to layer the ingredients in a certain order to keep them fresh.
Begin with the Sour Cream Dressing on the bottom. Next add the Beans followed by the tomatoes, corn, cheese and finally the lettuce goes on top. Take a plate to dump it on and enjoy a healthier lunch.
PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW
More Mexican night menu ideas
- 1 Cup shredded Iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup drained and rinsed Low Sodium Black Beans (canned)
- 1 Cup drained Sweet Corn (canned)
- 8 oz, Sour Cream
- 2 Roma Tomatoes chopped
- 4 Homemade Tortilla Shell Taco Salad Bowls
- Layer the ingredients into the bottom of the Taco Salad bowl beginning with the lettuce
- Next add a dollop of the sour cream
- Then add Black Beans and Corn
- Next add the tomatoes
- Then add the shredded cheese
- Finally add another small dollop of the sour cream
- Serve and enjoy
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 425mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 6g Protein: 15g
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 10 Most Popular Recipes and Home Ideas of the Decade - January 16, 2020
- Most Popular Recipes And Ideas of 2019 - January 14, 2020
- Easy White Beans And Ham Soup - January 6, 2020