Our easy Beef & Bean Burritos recipe is good for any day of the week when you are in the mood for a Mexican meal. Burritos are easily one of the most popular Mexican dishes and not only versatile but budget friendly too.
You can find a variation of this recipe with our Three Days of Meals from One Pot of Beans post using leftovers.
Budget friendly meals which are also delicious, easy to prepare and a family favorite are usually the subject of requests and that’s exactly what you’ll have with this recipe.
Prepare dried Pinto beans from scratch then simmer with seasoned ground beef. You can almost smell the flavors in this short video I shared on our Instagram.
Once the bean mixture is done, stuff the shells, fold and place folded side down in a casserole dish. Top with cheese and place in preheated oven just long enough to melt the cheese. We topped ours with pico de gallo from the produce section in the grocery store.
We enjoy a dollop of sour cream with our Beef and Bean Burritos.
- 1 lb. dry Pinto beans
- 1 lb. ground beef, brown and drain
- 2 pkgs. Taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- ½ Cup sharp shredded cheese
- 1 pkg. Flour tortillas
- Rinse Pinto beans and add to a Dutch oven or large pot.
- Cover beans completely with water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add one package of taco seasoning and stir.
- Cook until beans are tender, several hours, adding more water as needed.
- As beans become tender, stop adding water and turn heat down to low.
- Continue to simmer until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Brown and drain the ground beef.
- To the beans, add the can of tomatoes, ground beef and the other package of taco seasoning.
- Simmer on low until most of the juice has evaporated, stirring often.
- Stuff the shells with the beef and bean mixture.
- Fold the shell and place in a casserole dish folded side down.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place in preheated oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
This Beef & Bean Burritos recipe is prepared with only 7 ingredients!
Please visit our 7 or Less Ingredients Board on Pinterest for more easy recipes from many talented bloggers.
More Mexican Meal Ideas
Crockpot Taco Soup (only 7 ingredients)
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Scarecrow Candy Corn Centerpiece - August 17, 2018
- Crescent Roll & Sausage Breakfast Casserole - August 14, 2018
- Hand Held Food Made From Scratch (Merry Monday 217) - August 12, 2018