Our easy Beef & Bean Burritos recipe is good for any day of the week when you are in the mood for a Mexican meal. Burritos are easily one of the most popular Mexican dishes and not only versatile but budget friendly too.
I am confident that I am not the only one seeking budget friendly meals which are also delicious and easy to prepare. Add Beef and Bean Burritos to your weeknight meal plans because they are all three; delicious, cheap and easy to prepare!
Cooking dried Pinto beans not only adds a rich flavor to these burritos but it saves on the grocery budget.
Prepare dried Pinto beans from scratch then simmer with seasoned ground beef. You can almost smell the flavors in this short video I shared on our Instagram.
You can find a variation of this recipe with our Three Days of Meals from One Pot of Beans post using leftovers.
Once the bean mixture is done, stuff the shells, fold and place folded side down in a casserole dish. Top with cheese and place in preheated oven just long enough to melt the cheese. We topped ours with Pico de gallo from the produce section in the grocery store.
Variation Ingredients you could add:
- Hot Peppers
- Black Beans
We enjoy a dollop of sour cream with our Beef and Bean Burritos. Serve sour cream on the side for dipping. When I make our Beef and Bean Burritos from scratch using this dried Pinto Beans recipe they vanish quickly.
It’s a hearty stick-to-the-ribs budget friendly meal for any weeknight. Substitute burritos for tacos on Taco Tuesday for a change of pace!
~~~Share this Recipe to Pinterest~~~
This meal is one of our recipes using 7 or Less Ingredients. Follow Our 7 or Less Ingredient Pinterest Board for more budget friendly easy to prepare meal ideas!
- 1 lb. dry Pinto beans
- 1 lb. ground beef, brown and drain
- 2 pkgs. Taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- ½ Cup sharp shredded cheese
- 1 pkg. Flour tortillas
- Rinse Pinto beans and add to a Dutch oven or large pot.
- Cover beans completely with water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add one package of taco seasoning and stir.
- Cook until beans are tender, several hours, adding more water as needed.
- As beans become tender, stop adding water and turn heat down to low.
- Continue to simmer until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Brown and drain the ground beef.
- To the beans, add the can of tomatoes, ground beef and the other package of taco seasoning.
- Simmer on low until most of the juice has evaporated, stirring often.
- Stuff the shells with the beef and bean mixture.
- Fold the shell and place in a casserole dish folded side down.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place in preheated oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 10 Most Popular Recipes and Home Ideas of the Decade - January 16, 2020
- Most Popular Recipes And Ideas of 2019 - January 14, 2020
- Easy White Beans And Ham Soup - January 6, 2020