If there is one thing I am good at, it’s making recipes with few ingredients. Because I do not have time to stand in the kitchen and chop up ingredients, I sometimes cheat without sacrificing flavor! Make my Easy Guacamole Recipe and you will see what I mean by not sacrificing flavor!
Let’s just be honest. I created this recipe to suit myself because I love Guacamole so much! One of our all time favorite Mexican restaurants makes the Guac fresh right at your table! The secret is not to overwhelm the avocado with too many ingredients.
You will find everything you need in the produce department. If an entire dish comes completely from the product department, it must be good for you! Avocado is on the super food list too!
Follow our Seven Ingredients Or Less Pinterest Board for hundreds of quick and easy recipe ideas!
My recipe uses 5 medium avocados. It looks like a lot but after you mash and stir, it shrinks in size. We can serve about six people with this recipe.
Because I am not a fan of spicy food, my guacamole recipe has no hot peppers. However, we have made this using pre-packaged Pico De Gallo from the produce department which has jalapeno’s as an ingredient. It was not too hot and was also delicious.
My secret ingredient which is a huge time-saver is prepacked fresh Trinity from the produce department. Tomatoes, Onions and Bell peppers are the ingredients in this Trinity. You will find it with the packaged cut up vegetables, usually on a top shelf near the salads in produce.
Also grab some fresh cilantro while you are in the produce department. I only use about one tablespoon but you can certainly use more if you are a fan. Cilantro is strong so less is more with us.
- 5 medium ripe avocados
- 1 (10 oz.) package Trinity from produce (onions, tomatoes, bell peppers)
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Cut the avocado in half.
- Remove the seed
- Scoop the fruit from the shell into a bowl.
- Pour in the trinity.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the avocados.
- Blend well with a spoon.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Recipes with Five or Less Ingredients
- Crockpot Zesty Italian Leg Quarters
- 3 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Wings
- Crockpot Ranch Chicken Sliders
- Easy Homemade Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies @DIY Adulation
- 35 More Men’s Stocking Stuffer Ideas They Will Actually Enjoy - October 21, 2020
- 15 Most Popular Gifts For Women This Year - October 19, 2020
- 21 Crazy Easy Beginner Cricut Projects for You To Try - October 16, 2020