You don’t have to actually serve Tacos for Taco Tuesday but if you do, this Easy Shrimp Tacos recipe is a must have! Tacos can be stuffed with your favorite ingredients and served either hard of soft shell with all sorts of yummy additions.
A bowl of Crockpot Taco Soup is a perfect side dish on Taco Tuesday.
I am not ashamed to admit that I sometimes use a store bought taco kit for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Sometimes we have such busy days we need those quick meal solutions.
Sometimes when we are craving that home cooked excellence we browse the produce section and come home with a different more satisfying taste like these made from scratch Shrimp Tacos!
Also See: Easy Guacamole Recipe
Sure it takes a few more minutes to peel and chop fresh veggies but it is worth the time! Those ripe cut and chopped avocados paired with fresh farm grown chopped tomatoes create a splendid flavor combination.
Don’t stop there though! Pair your avocado and tomatoes with some seasoned and seared shrimp fresh from the Florida coast and pile it all into a soft shell for a delicious and satisfying weeknight dinner!
Shrimp Tacos are great of soft shells in my opinion so that is how I created my recipe but you can certainly use the hard shell if that is your personal preference.
We also prefer not so spicy so that is how my recipe was created. However if your family enjoys a little extra kick, sprinkle some in with the seasoning prior to cooking your shrimp.
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 (1 oz.) packet of Mild Taco Seasoning
- 1 pkg. (10 ct.) Soft Flour Shell Tortillas
- 2 Tbsp.Oil
- 2 cups Shredded Lettuce
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut and chopped
- 2 Medium ripe Avocados, scooped and chopped
- Toss the shrimp in the Taco seasoning to coat.
- Preheat the oil in a large skillet and add the seasoned shrimp.
- Cook about 2 or 3 minutes until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Remove from skillet onto a plate.
- Layer each Soft Shell with lettuce then shrimp then tomatoes and finally avocado.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Weeknight Dinner Ideas
- Cheerios Crusted Baked Chicken Thighs
- Cheeze-It Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Smothered Meat Loaf
- Cheesy Oven Baked Ravioli @Made In A Day
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Merry Monday Link Up Party #213 - July 15, 2018
- Fairy Garden Mushrooms Made From Salt & Pepper Shakers - July 9, 2018
- 21 Homemade Frozen Summer Desserts MM 212 - July 8, 2018