Our Menu Plan this week includes a new recipe for Avocado Lime Sauce on our Cajun Shrimp Burritos.
Our Avocado Lime Sauce recipe was adapted from an old cookbook book which has been on my bookshelf for many years. Do you enjoy reading cookbooks? It’s one of my favorite things to do with a cup of coffee any time of the day!
Faux Prime Rib Dinner served with homemade mashed potatoes, California Vegetables and Hawaiian rolls. It’s a little more of an old fashioned Sunday dinner at home kind of meal that we all look forward to.
It’s Taco Tuesday, well sort of. We’re having Cajun Shrimp Burritos with Avocado Lime Sauce. My husband enjoys eating his burrito like a soft shell taco. I roll mine up like a burrito.
- 2 medium ripe avocado's, cut into chunks
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 small limes
- Place the avocado's and mayonnaise into the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Add the juice of two limes and mix well by hand.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for several hours prior to serving.
Shrimp Burritos with Avocado Lime Sauce
- 1 lb. medium shrimp peeled and divined
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- Flour shell tortillas
- Prepacked slaw mix (in the produce department)
Toss the shrimp into a ziploc bag and sprinkle about 1 Tbsp. of Old Bay seasoning in. Close the bag and toss the shrimp to coat well with the seasoning.
Grill the shrimp on a griddle or in your skillet. I use my stove top griddle and just spray to avoid using oil or butter.
Now let’s put this baby together!
- Heat your tortilla shells according to package directions.
- Pile a heaping helping of your scrumptious Avocado Lime sauce onto the center of the tortilla shell.
- Place a nice helping of dry slaw mix onto the sauce.
- Place the cooked shrimp on top.
- Eat and enjoy!
Crockpot Broccoli & Sausage Macaroni Casserole We’ll be having seconds on Thursday as this is a premeditated leftovers kind of meal!
Chicken, Broccoli and Yam Foil Packet Dinners If you’re thinking there sure is a lot of broccoli in our menu this week, that’s because we love it!
We always enjoy our foil packet dinners because they are so easy to prepare and clean up.
Stove Top Grilled Hot Dogs
To say that we love hot dogs might be an understatement. Have you seen our Hot Dog Tour page on the blog? We don’t just eat them out, we cook them at home too.
Cooking them on the smooth side of the griddle is actually our preferred method. That’s not to say we won’t grill them outside because those are good too! We never, ever boil them though!
Grill your buns for added flavor and if you love grilled onions like I do, cook those too. I grill my onions in a little olive oil.
My Hubby will have his favorite potato chips with his hot dogs. I’ll eat two hot dogs with no side item. Any leftover hot dogs will be enjoyed for lunch the next day. They are actually really good leftover too.
Although my recipe is not on the blog, yet, I’m making a Homemade Peach Cobbler. Peaches are in season here in Georgia. We are known as the Peach State. All self respecting Georgia cooks make their own homemade version of Peach Cobbler. Do you have a favorite Peach Cobbler recipe? Watch for my recipe which will be published very soon.
More from Our Site
This blog contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure policy.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 2019 Spring and Summer Fairs & Festivals In Georgia - February 16, 2019
- Shrimp Fried Rice - February 15, 2019
- Valentine’s Dinner Table Decor - February 12, 2019