Eye of Round Faux Prime Rib Dinner has become a favorite addition to our menu planning.
They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. If you want to make a nice special dinner for your sweetheart, this Faux Prime Rib is sure to win you favor. Break out the candles, set the table and get ready for the compliments!
I first saw a similar recipe on Pinterest. I put my own spin on it with our preferred seasonings and cooked it longer for medium done meat, our preference. The second time I cooked it, my husband asked for mushroom gravy so me and Campbell’s went to work!
- 1 (2lb) Eye of Round roast
- Salt & Pepper
- Steak Seasoning of choice
- Preheat the oven to 475°
- Season the meat to taste.
- Place the meat in a roasting pan or baking dish. Do Not Cover.
- Bake for 9 minutes per pound for medium well meat. (A 2 lb. roast will cook 18 minutes)
- Turn the oven off but leave the meat inside and do not open the oven.
- Allow the meat to sit in the oven for 2 hours.
- Slice thin and serve.
The first time I made this recipe, I cooked the meat 7 minutes per pound which produced rare meat (in photo above). We prefer medium, so I cooked it for 9 minutes per pound the next time.
If you prefer your beef to be well done, add several additional minutes to the cooking time. Instead of 9 minutes per pound, make it 11 minutes per pound.
As a teenager, I worked in a steak restaurant. I still remember, let’s just say quite a few years later, how serious the chef was about folks trying their beef with a little pink in the meat. The flavor comes through much better when the meat isn’t well done. Either way, I’m confident you and your family will enjoy this Faux Prime Rib dinner!
I will quietly admit to cheating with the gravy. You can’t beat the fact that it only requires one piece of meat and a couple of your favorite beef seasonings. Truth is, this is actually one of the easiest meals you will ever prepare. Let’s keep that a secret between us though and let them all believe we have been working hard by the stove all day!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Work smarter not harder and make them think it took you all day to make these Crescent App le Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Drizzle
We know how busy you are so we assembled this collection of 35 Crockpot Recipes With 5 Ingredients or Less
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Crockpot Lemon Pepper Wings - May 17, 2018
- Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin - May 15, 2018
- Summer Salad Recipes To Try (Merry Monday Link Up #204 - May 13, 2018