What would the Christmas season be without our favorite Christmas movies? It doesn’t even matter how many times you have seen your favorite Christmas movie, we will most certainly nestle up on the sofa with our loved one’s and watch it again!
I was curious what the all time top 10 Christmas movies might be so I did a little research and found some interesting results. Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer and A Charlie Brown Christmas were only on ONE list! Those are Christmas classics, I have no idea why they weren’t numbers 1 and 2 on every single list. Another interesting fact, Christmas With The Kranks was only on one list. I have trouble believing that because it is one of my personal favorites. That scene in the grocery store when Nora is fighting for the last ham is so hilarious.
Without further ado, here is my Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies List
1. A Christmas Story (1983) The adventures of Ralphie and the Red Ryder BB Gun on his Christmas list. Even though we have it on DVD, we always tune in to the 24 hours of A Christmas Story on TBS every Christmas Eve.
“Don’t you touch that! You were always jealous of this lamp. “
2. A Christmas Carol (1984) The George C. Scott version is in my opinion, hands down the very best! This movie is a must watch every year!
3. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) Jim Carey as the Grinch is just so much fun especially when he meets Cindy Lou Who. I love the fact that little Opie Taylor all grown up (Ron Howard) directed this blockbuster.
4. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989) Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo are beyond hilarious in this Christmas classic. Did you know that Beverly D’Angelo also played Patsy Cline in Coal Miner’s Daughter and sang all of the songs herself?
5. Christmas With the Kranks (2004) Come on, admit it, at some point in time we have all wanted to escape the commercialism and hype. They show us why we shouldn’t do that, it’s fabulous!
“Nora Krank, we’re here for Frosty! “
Although those are my personal top 5, I’d be remiss if I did not mention some other all time favorites! This top 10 list is a compilation from the 5 websites I did my research on; AMCTV, Forbes, Reader’s Digest, Parenting, and Box Office Mojo.
Top 10 Christmas Movies (in no particular order)
1.National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
2. It’s A Wonderful Life
3. Home Alone
5. A Christmas Story
6. Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol
7. How The Grinch Stole Christmas
8. Nightmare Before Christmas
9. Miracle On 34th Street
10. The Santa Claus (All)
Check out my Christmas movie quiz free printable here.
Did your favorite make the list?
Please tell me what your favorite Christmas movies are!
This post contains affiliate links. Please view our Disclosure policy for more information.
Find your favorite movies on Amazon
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Planner Set - November 13, 2018
- Thanksgiving Menu Including Grocery List & Recipes - November 12, 2018
- Crockpot Side Dish Recipes - November 11, 2018