Have you ever tried to unwrap a gift wearing gloves? Me either but I think it would be such fun to play that game at our family Christmas party this year!
It is Day Six of the Twelve Days of Christmas and we are sharing Party Games!
Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!
Meet Your Hosts
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
How To Play Unwrap The Gift Wearing Gloves Game
The Objective: Be the first person to successfully unwrap the gift while wearing either oven mitts or mittens.
Tools for play
- One wrapped gift. A gift wrapped inside of many layers of paper and boxes of graduated sizes. Use a small item as your gift such as a candy bar. Be sure to wrap it in a small box which is then wrapped in a larger box which is then wrapped in an even larger box. You get the idea. Also use multi layers of paper and lots of large tape such as Duct tape or packing tape.
- One set of Dice
- Santa Hat
- Long Scarf
- Set of Mittens or Oven Mitts
How To Play
Select who will go first. You can do this by allowing everyone to roll the dice and the person with the largest number goes first. Then everyone to his/her left goes next.
The first person will put on the hat, scarf and gloves then attempt to open the gift.
While they are trying to open the gift, the next person will begin rolling the Dice. Once they roll doubles, it is their turn to try to open the gift.
Note: You can set a specific number to be rolled such as double 6’s. An alternative to Dice would be to use a kitchen timer with a loud buzzer.
Play continues moving counter clockwise until someone gets the gift completely open. They win the gift inside. Make the gift interesting. For added fun include a bell inside the box!
Do NOT Do What They Did! Don’t allow participants to beat on the box!
Keep scrolling for more family friendly party games
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Clever Ways To Repurpose Clothes Hangers For Storage - January 21, 2020
- 10 Most Popular Recipes and Home Ideas of the Decade - January 16, 2020
- Most Popular Recipes And Ideas of 2019 - January 14, 2020