Campfire Grilled Chicken & Veggie Foil Packet Dinner is one of those fun meals to prepare as well as enjoy eating. You can’t beat a one dish dinner!
Campfire dinners are good any time of the year. You can cook them on the grill or in the oven.
We have three different foil pack dinner recipes all of which are quite tasty and easy to prepare. They all use chicken as the meat. See the other two recipes below.
The key is to have the chicken done to 165° when the veggies are done also. Using individual pieces of chicken will allow you to achieve this.
How To Lay Out The Foil
Originally I laid out the foil as shown above using three pieces. I do recommend using the name brand of foil as it hold up much better for this cooking process.
Now I only use two pieces of foil and you can see how I lay them out here.
Folding The Foil
There is no secret science as to how to place the food into the foil. I have put the meat on top and on bottom, either way is fine because we are going to cook it until the meat is done regardless.
For this recipe I used seasoned red potatoes which are always good in a foil pack dinner. I tossed them in a large plastic food storage bag with a pack of onion soup mix which adds a delicious flavor to the meal.
This recipe also includes fresh cut up mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes and frozen corn on the cob. Printable recipe below.
Sealing The Foil
It is not necessary to seal the foil tight. Always leave a little vent.
If you plan to bake your foil pack dinners in the oven, place them side by side on a large baking pan.
***Follow Intelligent Domestications On Pinterest***
Make Foil Pack Meals
- On the grill
- In the oven
They take longer on the grill so plan ahead.
One of the nice things about foil pack dinners is easy clean up. You can eat them from the foil if you like. I prefer mine served on a dinner plate.
There is always juice in the bottom so be careful. Chicken does not brown when cooked in a foil pack but you know it is done by checking with a meat thermometer.
[Tweet “How to make a foil pack dinner just like Cracker Barrel #foilpackdinner #hobodinner “]
- 2 Chicken Leg quarters
- ¾ cup Baby carrots
- 2 fresh ears Corn, on the cob
- ¾ cup Mushrooms, fresh
- 3 Red potatoes, small
- 1 Roma tomatoes
- 1 Sweet onion
- Lay out two large pieces of aluminum foil across one another like a cross.
- Place the seasoned leg quarters on the foil first.
- Place all the vegetables onto the top on the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pull the foil up to close one side and then the other.
- Be sure to leave a small vent for steam to escape.
- Grill until the chicken is done and vegetables are tender about 35-45 minutes.
- Can be cooked in the oven at 400° for about 35 to 45 minutes.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps Instant Pot® Or Skillet Easy Recipe
- Lemon Pepper Oven Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- Baked BBQ Chicken Bone In
- Homemade Chicken Fajita Wraps with Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet Easy Recipe
- Chicken Prosciutto Saltimbocca
- Air Fryer Cheesy Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Baked Chicken Leg Quarters Easy Recipe
- Smothered Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 3 Ingredients Easy Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe
- Year-Round Indoor Salad Gardening: How to Grow Nutrient-Dense, Soil-Sprouted Greens in Less Than 10 days: Book Review - April 12, 2021
- Ultimate Easter Magic Cookie Bars Recipe - March 31, 2021
- Classic Homemade Hash Browns Easy Recipe - March 29, 2021