Campfire Grilled Chicken & Veggie Foil Packet Dinner is a fun meal to prepare as well as enjoy with friends and family.
I am seriously in summer cooking mode! Somehow, summer cooking is just a nice change of pace, isn’t it?
Have you ever made a Hobo dinner aka Foil Packet dinner? They are a great one dish dinner and can be cooked in the oven or on the grill at home or at the campground! I have used a variety of ingredients including yams and broccoli so be creative!
This is the manner in which I lay out the foil. Yes, you will use a lot of foil and I prefer the name brand as it seems to be a bit thicker.
There is no secret science as to how to place the food into the foil. I prefer to put the chicken on the bottom and then pile the vegetables on top.
In the photo above I used seasoned red potatoes. I tossed them in a sandwich bag with a pack of onion soup mix which adds a delicious flavor to the meal.
Fold up the top piece of foil leaving a vent on both ends as seen above.
Close the top layer of foil but not too tight. When I prepare them in the oven I usually put them together on a large baking sheet.
Foil packet dinners can be cooked on the grill or in the oven. They are a great option for campfire meals when you are camping with the family.
- 2 Chicken Leg quarters
- ¾ cup Baby carrots
- 2 fresh ears Corn, on the cob
- ¾ cup Mushrooms, fresh
- 3 Red potatoes, small
- 1 Roma tomatoes
- 1 Sweet onion
- Lay out two large pieces of aluminum foil across one another like a cross.
- Place the seasoned leg quarters on the foil first.
- Place all the vegetables onto the top on the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pull the foil up to close one side and then the other.
- Be sure to leave a small vent for steam to escape.
- Grill until the chicken is done and vegetables are tender about 35-45 minutes.
- Can be cooked in the oven at 400° for about 35 to 45 minutes.
Tip: Be sure to leave a small vent for the steam to escape so there isn’t too much moisture build up inside the foil.
More Easy Summer Meals
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Homemade Lemon Cheesecake - February 16, 2018
- Low Country Shrimp Boil Recipe - February 12, 2018
- 20 DIY Valentine’s Home Decor Ideas (Merry Monday #191) - February 11, 2018